Winterizing TAB 400 2021

Does anyone have links/videos for winterizing a TAB 400 2021?

Comments

• b4bryanb4bryan Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know as well

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Here is a YouTube of Creed from NuCamp explaining how to winterize a T@B 400 - but not a 2021 - so many of the locations are different on our 2021's. Still, a good video to watch because all the steps and precautions apply to all T@B 400s.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeXO-SHRcU
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
    Perhaps we can use this thread to build a knowledge base for specific winterization instructions for the 2021 model year. One major difference in terminology and location is the Alde bypass valve. Pre 2021s have a labeled valve to bypass the Alde...and the 2021 Nautilus has a red valve that isn't labeled as the Alde bypass, but to the best of my knowledge, performs the same function as the Alde bypass valve.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    And another good pre 2021 T@B 400 winterization YouTube by Mandy Lea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H22gcmussw
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Giota...on the nucamprv.com web site scroll down to the bottom..there is " documents " listed...should be a winterizing section there... that's where I've downded the 320CS-S information about our 2021... at least it's informative reading for you..maybe a starting place...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2020
    TAB 400 2021
    Nautilus directions say connect a short hose to the city water inlet to add antifreeze. They say turn on the water pump and antifreeze will be aspirated into the freshwater tank. (Nautilus set to winterize) Didn't work.
    New camp sent me a video saying pour 4 gallons of antifreeze into the fresh water inlet, which I assume on my model is the same as the freshwater inlet. Then pump through lines. I am unable to get antifreeze to go past the one-way valve using a hose and funnel.
    Does anyone know how to do this?
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited September 2020
    I am assuming you have already drained your freshwater tank, and the trailer water,ones using the low point drains, including the Alde and Flo water tanks, (yellow flip valves under the driver’s side bed area where the Alde heater is located).

To syphon water into the fresh water holding tank, follow the Sanitize valve settings include the Nautilus panel.  Now this is usually done to clean out the water tank with a bleach solution prior to filling for camping.  Once the water holding tank is drained, it will not be damaged by low temperatures, as their is no longer any water in it to  freeze and expand. (it is the expanding water as it freezes into ice, that causes the damage.

Winterize settings normally draws antifreeze into the trailer water lines between the pump and the fixtures. Which is where you need the antifreeze.  It would take around five gallons of antifreeze to get enough I tomthe water tanks to inturn pump it into the water lines a and fixtures.  The Nautilus saves you antifreeze, by allowing you to use a 1-2 galling bottle to siphon the antifreeze directly into the water ones in the trailer, to provide them with an extra level of protection.  So being able,to draw antifreeze directly into the water lines and fixtures saves you time and money. 

The Sanitize mode draws water, bleach solution into the tank.  Note the Red valve should be sideways and not vertical as shown on thr Nautilus panel.  The Red valve is the Alde bypass, and sideways does not allow bleach water solution (or antifreeze if you are adding antifreeze to,the water tank, from being siphoned into the Alde/Flo hot water tanks.
    Also see nüCamp Web site for how to videos.

Note: See the Nautilus manual for details on the valve settings.

cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @Giota, see my reply to,your other thread on this subject: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11922/winterizing-tab-400-2021#latest
    cheers
    edited October 2020
    The new camp video is saying something entirely different from the Nautilus link on the tab 400 2021 manual. That red valve protects your ALDE from receiving antifreeze. In the winterizing directions it is to the right in the sanitizing directions it is straight up. Very, very confusing. I have had RVs my entire life and found winterizing so much simpler than this. Nu-Camp should at least sync their videos and or instructions to the Nautilus panel or vice versa before releasing a product. I'm not sure what happens if you introduce antifreeze into your ALDE, but I bet it's not good.
    Antifreeze short term should not damage the stainless tank, but it is just hard to get it all flushed back out.  Also, since the tank is empted in the winterizing process, no real need to add antifreeze to it anyway.  Also, the Alde heater warming up the antifreeze could lead to problems with the tank.  Alde does not recommend putting antifreeze in the tank.  Alde also does not recommend adding a bleach solution to sanitize the hot water tank.  So yes, the Nautilus illustration on the panel is incorrect for Sanitize step.  Red handle (Alde bypass valve) should be sideways for both proceedures.  

In a perfect world, manufacturers would get the instructional manuals and videos out after a prototype design is finalized and production has started.
    cheers

Interesting Denny. I guess this means if you follow the sanitizing panel settings you can introduce bleach into your ALDE?
    @Giota
    That is correct...if you set the Nautilus to Sanitize, you will pump whatever solution you're using through the Alde and into the fresh water tank.
    edited September 2020
    It would serve Nautilus owners well for NuCamp to add a label to the Red Nautilus valve...just call it Alde ByPass
    That is an excellent idea.
    Yes, a grand idea, as that is what the Red valve handle is.  I would also label the other valve handles too.
    cheers
  • HBarryHBarry Member Posts: 25
    One suggestion that will ease the vodka/antifreeze pumping process (at least on 400's with the frig above the water pump) is to simply remove the drawer under the frig from it's sliders to gain access to the pump. The problem with gaining access by removing the panel under the frig is that it is held in place with 2 wood screws only. After a few years the annual remove/replace of the screws will easily cause the screw holes to strip out and to lose bite into the wood. Pulling the drawer also means one less tool (power screwdriver) to do the winterization job.
    2020 Tab 400 BDL with Solar
    2013 Tacoma TRD with towing package
    Vermont
  • TomInPlymouthTomInPlymouth Member Posts: 22
    We used the discussion above to winterize our 2021 Tab 400 this past weekend.  After all of the drain steps, we filled the water lines ~1.75 gals, and sink & shower traps + toilet (~1 gal total) with Vodka so used the winterize setting to siphon and fill straight from the nautilus city water connection.

• sovertonsoverton Member Posts: 1
    Just so I am clear, I close the Alde pressure valves after they are drained?  Also, how do I verify I properly got anti freeze into shower lines? 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited October 2021
    Yes, close the yellow flapper valve (Alde Safety/Relief Drain Valve) after it stops dripping.
    Open the shower tap and let AF run through the shower hose.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • thetrek69thetrek69 Member Posts: 1
    What antifreeze is everyone using? Non-Alcohol based?

None, I just blow out my water lines.
     Cheers