Options

Which exterior openings should be covered when storing T@B 320 (2020) in climate controlled garage?

LauingerLauinger Member Posts: 30
In addition to the 2 large vents next to the door.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    We don’t cover anything.  We open the vent and that’s it.  Are you concerned about bugs, mice?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    I would look under the benches and make sure that any holes through the floor are sealed With foam or steel wool.  Same thing where the sink drain exits the cabinet.  Not sure if there is still a vent under the frig, but close that with screening.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    What are the 2 vents on the exterior right of the door on a 2020 tab 320? I believe the top is refrigerator vent when on propane but not sure on bottom.
    when running Alde on electric, does it vent through the same spot where it vents when on propane? Does the AC only vent underneath?
    just checking to see what else needs winter covering. I may run AC just to keep compressor lubed and heat if anyone is staying in it in the garage. All, on shore power.

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Lauinger said:
    What are the 2 vents on the exterior right of the door on a 2020 tab 320? I believe the top is refrigerator vent when on propane but not sure on bottom.
    when running Alde on electric, does it vent through the same spot where it vents when on propane? Does the AC only vent underneath?
    just checking to see what else needs winter covering. I may run AC just to keep compressor lubed and heat if anyone is staying in it in the garage. All, on shore power.

The 2 vents to he right of the door are both for the fridge; one for fresh air, one for exhaust. The Alde, while running on electric has nothing to vent. I have a 2018, so I have the window box AC unit, but as I understand it, yes, the Air 8 vents to under the trailer only.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    +1 what Sharon said. I live in Mouseville and I've been over my 2015 with a fine tooth comb and declared it mouse tight. However, there have been some recent reports of mice possibly finding their way into newer models in places where things pass through the floor. I'm not sure if that is an anomaly, if there are just more gaps because of more equipment, or if the sealing has gotten lax. Either way, a thorough inspection of every inch of one's own unit is warranted! 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Be sure to look under the driver’s bench and the sofa, paying extra attention to any holes in the floor for pipes or vents. You can purchase copper scrubbies and copper flexible cloth on Amazon (other places, too), that can be stuffed tightly into such openings. Check the holes under the kitchen sink also. 

Plus, if you leave nothing edible in the T@B, the mice will not stay around very long. I keep all my dry food in airtight containers and the only thing a mice could find to eat was packets of Parm cheese from Pizza Hut. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”