Options

Radio will not power on — resolved

MiniSMiniS Member Posts: 5
My Jensen JWM9A will not power on...after pushing the reset button I do hear the cd load sound, but that is all.  I did change the designated fuse in the main fuse box with no results.  Help!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I wonder if there is a fuse in the unit itself (probably accessed from behind).

Regardless, if it was a power supply issue I wouldn't expect it to make any sounds when you poke the buttons.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    Jensen JWM9A?  Which model/year T@B?

All Jensen units have a fuse on the back side of the radio unit. So there are two fuses
    [1] at Power Center DC Panel and
    [2] back of radio . . . need to remove radio to access.

If you are hearing DVD cycle then most likely Fuses are not the issue.

Troubleshooting Guide says to confirm you really have 12VDC and good ground at the radio.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited September 2020
    @MiniS, I am not specifically familiar with the JWM9A, but IF it has a "standby" light on or near the power button, is it illuminated?  I could not determine from the Jensen owner's manual, or recall from my Jensen model, if it does have that light, or if the LCD display acts as the "standby" indicator.  But, if it does have that light, it would independently confirm that there is power to the radio.

Also, other than what has already been suggested (including checking the fuses and for a loose electrical connection), I wonder if the LCD display brightness on your radio may have previously been set to "0" and it just "looks" like there is no power.  I have never tested that possibility, but check the owner's manual for info on how to adjust the brightness settings.  I would expect that a "reset" would revert back to an illuminated LCD screen, but I'm just throwing this out as a possibility since it sounds like there is power (i.e., you heard the CD loading sound.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    MiniSMiniS Member Posts: 5
    Baylis, you are so right!  It turned out to be a minus brightness issue and not a power problem.  Thank you!
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Fantastic, @MiniS!  I'm glad it worked.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)