Options

2017 Q owner would like reviews of 2021 320

I am sending this discussion out to everyone to gather reviews from the owners of 2021 320s. Currently, I own a 2017 Q-plan T@B that I bought new four years ago. I love it, but like many people right now, I would like to have a model with a wet bath. I was considering the new Barefoot, but the design is just not as beautiful and modern as the iconic T@B. I also looked at the Safari Alto, which ticks a lot of practicality boxes, but in the end just looks like a shinier version of any other RV.

The fit and finish of my 2017 model is impeccable - the woodwork, the trimmings, the lines of the sealant and caulking. I have not seen a 2021 model in person, but just from looking at photos online I have seen wrinkled, poorly fitted cushions, trims that don't fit tightly at the interior ceiling line, woodwork with a bit of a rough finish at the edges....

If anyone here has traded an older Nucamp build for a 2021, do you mind chiming in with your experience? I really want a wet bath and I like the upgrades on the new model, but I would be very disappointed if the finishing does not live up to the level of my current T@B. I particularly want the new cassette style toilet, so a 2020 or earlier S model just won't do.

Nucamp is growing fast, and I am nervous that their production might be experiencing growing pains.

Everyone, please give me your two cents!
2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo

Comments

• Options
    sptuckersptucker Member Posts: 42
    edited September 2020
    I'm not qualified to compare an older model to my 2021, but I do know mine had all of these known issues:  bad stove lid, bathroom door hitting ceiling, AC unit moving around.  My dealer utterly botched the warranty repairs on the first two and have not gotten back to me on the AC.  There are two less than great areas on the trailer build itself: 1) Very rough-sawn plywood pullouts for the bed.  Splinters everywhere. One minute with a sanding block and this would not have been noticeable.  And 2) The two sides of my Yakima rack are offset by about 3/8".  This is visible when measuring the location of the rack compared to the ABS trim on either side.   Other than those minor things, my 320 is wonderful.

For a real comparison, jkjenn upgraded to a 2021 and will hopefully chime in.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock  |  2019 BMW X3 M40i
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited September 2020
    And according to Verna, nüCamp has resolved these issues at the factory, so units being built now should be up to the usual standard.  Even with some minor issues, the TaB is still way better built than most other trailers on the market in this price point.  New models and production changes always reveal some issues, which appear to have been resolved.

That said, I would shop arouforva good, reliable dealer, with good service dept. support.  Vogel RV in Ukiha CA is one of nüCamp’s best West Coast Dealerships.  You have Princess Craft RV in Texas and several in Midwest area, that are long time nüCamp dealers.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the comments. I do have a good, reliable dealer here in Ontario where I live - Platinum RV. I guess it's just tough to accept that I might have minor issues with a new T@B when my 2017 has had zero issues. That said, the wisdom I have always heard is that the first year of a new model/design change always has issues so perhaps going forward, hopefully these will be all ironed out.
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    @Olena Hi Platinum RV is my dealer and I'm still waiting on my 2021 320, so really can't comment. Just thought I'd say hi

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Olena...our new 2021CS-S is waiting for it's 6 volt batteries currently at PlatinumRV...we went and visited her about week and half ago...everything was beautifully done... can't wait for our pickup phone call...want to get a trial run in before the snow comes...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    TNFlyrodderTNFlyrodder Member Posts: 4
    We picked up our 2021 T@B 320S BD in July and have been very happy with it. Our "other" trailer is a 2005 25ft Airstream, and I feel that the quality of components, fit and finish and overall quality of the T@B is equal to, or better than the Airstream. Still would never get rid of the Airstream!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input! I have e-mailed Platinum for a quote. I am looking forward to having all mod cons in a new T@B. For Rodent77 - how long is the wait time since you ordered?
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    @olena Hello, We were there end of July August and he had one on Order due to arrive in Sept. We made up our mind then to take it when it came in and unfortunately they had no indication as to the arrival as it was in production. 

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Olena, I did a walkthrough video and do a lot of comparing be tween my 2015 T@b and my 2021 320. I will PM you the link.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I saw your video on Youtube. It was very helpful and informative. It helped me make the decision to make the leap forward.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Olena said:
    I saw your video on Youtube. It was very helpful and informative. It helped me make the decision to make the leap forward.
    Awesome! What color are you getting? Can't wait to see your photos!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I am going to stick with silver sidewalls and white trim along with the Aspire stripe in white. The silver and white combo looks like an ultra modern spaceship! I would like to get the platform up front (I added it to my current T@B and can't live without it) and have the spare tire up on the tongue (It can't go under the frame because my driveway has a slope - the tire placed underneath would scrape). I don't need the Boondock model, just the platform. Light birch cabinets.......so exciting, and I never thought I would be so thrilled about having a toilet. Like you, I spend a lot of time in the T@B, almost full time from mid-June to mid-September and being self-contained (especially with COVID circulating) is going to be very comforting to say the least.

I would very much like to continue to use my Zamp suitcase, so I am hoping that Nucamp or my dealer can install a Zamp plug. I loved the plug and go capability of the Zamp and I prefer a suitcase to a roof solar panel.

Up until last week I was seriously looking at the Barefoot as an upgrade, but there is something about the look of it that doesn't speak to me. I like modern and not retro design, and the Barefoot, although lovely is just too much of a throw back. Also, I can't shake the feeling when I see the pictures that the inside has the feel of a camper van - it's that big back window. The big window is also right around the bed which I don't like. The T@B has such a nice dark sleeping area under the slope.

All that said, what I will miss most is my big, L-shaped Q countertop! Who I am I kidding anyway? I don't do any real cooking over the summer - salads, sandwiches, cereal don't need a big countertop to prep.

It will probably be spring by the time I get the new T@B and I will definitely post photos.

Now, I have to figure out a price for the sale of my current T@B. When I am ready I will put the word out for opinions!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    You can take the front rack off your current TaB, and put it on the new 320S when you get it, the new model will come with new metal front tub.  You could recoup the frint rack cost, by adding $600 to the sale price of your old TaB, and order the new one with the front rack, which can be done.
    cheers
  • Options
    I have considered that as an option if I can't get the rack from Nucamp on a regular 320S. Ideally, I would like the platform with the extra front piece for the spare. If that doesn't work out I know there are many great tutorials on the forum on how to attach the spare to the frame or jack post.
  • Options
    You should be able to add the front Boondock rack setup on a standard TaB 320S on your factory order, as a post build install at the factory by the nüCamp repair shop, this is also where The Victron Battery Monitor would be installed.  These add ones will add a little delay in shipping the trailer out, but should be doable.  
    Cheers
  • Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    We purchased a 2021 320S Boondock a month ago and I am amazed at the quality. The woodwork (we have the light birch) is perfect. Yes, there is a bad latch on the stove top which prevents it from staying up. NuCamp is aware some of these latches slipped by (or were sent out despite this part being back-ordered) and they are happy to send the correct part. My dealer is getting it for me. The new metal box on the front along with the mounted spare (complete with matching wheel and correct tire) is a nice up-grade. I really appreciate the convenience of the cassette toilet, the microwave is plenty powerful, and the central air is excellent!