Options

MaxAir Fan Beeping and Green Light

Has anyone had experience with their Max Aire Fan starting to beep (quite loudly) for several seconds, then stop and a green light comes on?   All switches on the fan stop working, the remote doesn't work and turning the battery switch off and unplugging the shore power are the only way to reset.  After running awhile; same process.  While I would think we need a new circuit board from maker, my question is why we have to go through the turn off 12V and unplug shore power to get to reset???? No fuses are blown by the way.  Other than that this is a wonderful fan and first problem in 3 season.
Hans Peter,  Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
2019 T@B400 Rogue
2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    We had this happen.  Check what else is on the circuit with the fan.  Our Alde and A/C fan and MaxxAir fan are all on the same circuit.  Are they working ok?  When this happened to us, the Alde control panel went blank, the Alde negative fuse blew and the 10 amp fuse in the converter box blew.  Ended up there was a wire in the fan housing that had worked itself loose and created a short.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    peterjoce400peterjoce400 Member Posts: 51
    Alde and Kool Kat working fine, but if the Kool Kat is on that circuit, it would explain why both the shore power and 12 volt has to be disconnected to do a reset as it only operates on shore power not 12 volt as do the Alde and Maxx. Will definitely look at this.
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    MaxxAire customer support is pretty good from what I remember. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
  • Options
    While I really can't get my head around voltage fluctuation being the issue as this happens even when plugged into shore power (which should be constant), will have a go with voltage meter to test circuit delivery. I am amazed that this problem seems to be not that uncommon from the number of posters, and would expect Maxx to have a ready solution.  Will try to contact their customer support. 
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    edited September 2020
    I had this happen twice while in hot, humid conditions. I just pulled the fan fuse to stop the beeping (it's by itself in my 400). Took the fan apart, covered the circuit board with conformal coating, and it hasn't happened since.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Just an update on this green light issue.  Covid really did a number and it is now 2022 and just getting back to it.  Maxxaire sent me a new circuit board ( on warranty)  and very important - a new motor!  There is a visual difference in the circuit board so obvious a change was required.  All installed (very easy) and the fan works very well.  I would think the new T@Bs have the new board; ours is a 2019.
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    I think they are still installing Fantastic Fans in the TaBs.  The MaxxAirs can be installed post production.
  • Options
    Our Max 7500 came with our 2019 from the factory.  The bathroom fan is a little different as well as it vents sideways rather than having a flap going up and down.  We note a huge difference in sound volume of the Maxx versus the Fantastic as installed in our daughters 2018 400.   
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    Wow - did you ask for an upgrade?  That is not typical.
  • Options
    Just came that way from factory to dealership. We think our trailer was built by NuCamp to develop upgrades.  We purchased in Aug/2018 and as I mentioned in my post it had several changes from the 2018 my daughter purchased in April of 2018. Microwave, Flow on the Aldi, entry assist handle, light above the door, entry step and entry courtesy light were all improved on the 2019 over the 2018.  Both units were bought as they arrived from the factory, not as special orders.  
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2022
    The Flo become standard on TaB400s built in or around February 2018, our Jan 2018 build just missed getting one, but was one of the first to get the newer Alde 2030, which supports the Flo system.  Peter what month was your TaB400 built (info is on the trailer tongue nuCamp sticker)?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Our trailer was built in June, 2018 and we took delivery in August. 
    2019 T@B400 Rogue
    2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2022
    So your TaB is actually a 2019 model, not a 2018 model like your daughters.  Her late 2018 TaB 400 should have the Flo also, as it is a late 2018 model built after Jan 2018?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.