Draining Fresh Water Tank

It takes forever to drain the fresh water tank in our 2018 Tab 400.  Is there a trick to speed it up?
2018 Tab 400, 2017 Ford Explorer

Comments

• RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    Maybe, turn the pump off and open a tap or two: or remove the filler cap.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Some owners open the drain valve at the dump station and drive off.  It empties as you drive.  The only other thing is to use your pump and open all your faucets and let it empty into your gray tank, then dump.  We have used the shower wand to add water to the black tank and to rinse the black tank at the dump.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Open the drain valve and a faucet then drive.  The motion gets everything out. 
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Why open the faucet?  The pump is between the tank and the faucet and it is turned off.  I wouldn’t think that would make a difference.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    Agreed.  I think the intent is to use the faucet to vent the tank, which is not necessary since the fresh water tank is vented anyway.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    Where then is the vent for the water tank, svp ?
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2020
    RCB said:
    If you look inside the filler door (we have a 2020 400 BDL), there is a vented screen below the filler. On the 2021, I am not sure but all others have this. If it weren't vented, the tank would collapse as you draw water out of it. 
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    Dutch061 said:
    RCB said:
    If you look inside the filler door (we have a 2020 400 BDL), there is a vented screen below the filler. On the 2021, I am not sure but all others have this. If it weren't vented, the tank would collapse as you draw water out of it. 
    Yep.  One way to find it is to overfill the tank.  You'll get squirted from the vent.  :)
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    We're in the midst of learning to calibrate tank filling with needs. Two nights out equals 15 gallons (or whatever we arrive at). Hose fill rate at ___ gallons per 30 seconds, that sort of thing.
    Bottled water is already more expensive than gasoline. In high desert we collect cooler shower water (for gardening) before it's ready to step in. Just can't bring ourselves to let tank water dribble out on a road. It is a little bit of a pain to fit a 3 gallon bucket under the valve, collect water, empty and repeat. Hopefully we'll get it calibrated soon!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited September 2020
    @johnfconway  I agree with you John, why waste water.  You could attach a tube to the drain and run that into your garden or a bucket alongside the trailer.  When draining our TaB, I park it on the grass field area, and let the water drain out before unhitching.  Then move the trailer to the driveway storage area.  Draining into a bucket for the veggie garden is an excellent idea.  I might try doing something similar.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • hamrxhamrx Member Posts: 17
    I just let my gray water out on my lawn near the road in case it smells
    Former 5th wheel and now T@B 320s owner. Amateur Radio Operator. Pulled by 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4 x 4