Options

Norcold N180.3x won't light

I have a T@B 320 2019 with a Norcold N180.3x
I have made several attempts to light my fridge without success. The gas is turned on and the stove and heating system both work fine. I have the mode selector on gas, I turned the gas temp selector to high and held it in, I pushed the igniter 5-7 times in succession and the red needle jumps a bit when I do this but never creeps up to the green zone. In the past I have had to make 2-3 attempts to start the fridge with gas but it has almost always lit on the second attempt, third for sure.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @jtalarek, in addition the link provided by @Sharon_is_SAM, you might want to take a look at my outline regarding your Norcold model within the following link:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6390/norcold-refrigerator-manual-guidelines-tips#latest
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    jtalarekjtalarek Member Posts: 19
    Sharon and Bayliss
    Thank you so much for sending me the summaries and links!  I had tried to find the thread in the forum and did find the "can't light for nothin" headline but somehow could not get into the thread.  I'm so glad I reached out as I could never have synthesized all that info as efficiently or effectively as your links did.  You have been so helpful.  Will let you know the outcome once I role up my sleeves and get in there.  This Forum is truly an amazing resource!
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Simply: Gas set to medium, hold in temp button and press the igniter button as quickly as possible. You will see the needle “Want” to creep into the green zone, but don’t stop! Keep clicking, and it will ignite. I’d say 20-25 clicks in total.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 121
    Mine will not start or stay lit with the gas control knob turned to high.  Have to set it in the middle and keep pushing the spark igniter many times until it gets in the green.  Once on, if I turn the control knob up to the coldest setting, it will go out every time.  Don't know why but I just move it up as far as I can without loosing flame.
    2019 T@B 320S
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2020
    @grassgd, I have never had something like that happen, but I wonder if you might have a slight leak at the propane tank connection or hose, which may be impacting the pressure in the gas line.  Since the propane apparently does not flow properly at the higher refrigerator setting, maybe the excess-flow check valve on the screw-on (ACME) nut is shutting off the gas flow.  To be safe, you should check for a propane leak at that connector or hose.  Also, check for a good connection at the tank - - - maybe loosen, and then re-tighten, the ACME nut.  Of course, be sure to turn off the tank valve first, and after you re-tighten the ACME nut, slowly turn on the tank valve to re-start the flow of propane.  

An experiment you might try is to see if you can get your stove burner(s) to light immediately after the refrigerator propane shuts off (i.e., after having adjusted the refrigerator's propane gas control knob to the higher setting.)  If you can light the stove burner(s), despite the refrigerator not working, then at least that will confirm that propane is flowing through the gas line.

See the below article, which describes the shut-off mechanism:  

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-doctor-thumping-propane-regulator/

(NOTE:  It will be helpful to others in assisting with troubleshooting this issue if you identify the year and model of your trailer, as well as the model number of your refrigerator.  Thanks, and good luck!)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)