Heating a Tab400 (newb question)

Planning first cold weather trip and have never had to heat the camper before.  Might be a dumb question, but if I'll have shore power, is it better to use the Alde, Dometic, or both?

Comments

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    The heat pump will produce heat quicker, but the Alde will be silent and warmer....
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Some owners turn on both.  The Dometic takes the chill off faster, then just make sure you set the temp high enough on the Alde thermostat to keep the Alde running.  Turn off the Dometic and let the Alde run.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Does anyone have experience running both the Coolcat Heatpump and the Alde on Electric 2K watts setting? Does that work with 30A service? Seems it would be close...particularly if you have a campground with sagging voltage like I've experienced a couple of times.
    Of course you could always run the Alde from propane while running the Coolcat too.
    Just wondering...

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    I tried this on a 30amp connection, worked without any issue.  I turned in the Alde first, let it warm up a bit, then turned on the CoolCat to heat.  Once the CoolCat had the chill off, the Alde was adding heat, so I turned off the CoolCat, which had been running around 30 minutes.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • JonJon Member Posts: 8