Options

Inverter draw while boondocking question

2»

Comments

• Options
    tomtektomtek Member Posts: 47
    A neighbor who is not on this exchange has a 320 CS-S about 6 years old.  He says his Alde is drawing 1.4 Amps even when turned off, draining his battery. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what is the cause/fix.   He is considering installing a cut-out switch to disconnect the Alde when not in use.   Has anyone done that, and if so how did you do it.   I'll encourage him to join the exchange to be able to discuss in better detail.   Thanks for any help.
    Measure the draw with the Clamshell closed.   Not completely sure what year the Propane safety solenoid was added but that sounds like the amount of current that the safety solenoid would pull.   
    2009 Dutchman TQ - Sold
    2021 CS-S - Enjoying the new layout
    2011 Outback 3.6r
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,525
    The solenoids were added with the 2018 model year.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,508
    tomtek said:
    A neighbor who is not on this exchange has a 320 CS-S about 6 years old.  He says his Alde is drawing 1.4 Amps even when turned off, draining his battery. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what is the cause/fix.   He is considering installing a cut-out switch to disconnect the Alde when not in use.   Has anyone done that, and if so how did you do it.   I'll encourage him to join the exchange to be able to discuss in better detail.   Thanks for any help.
    Measure the draw with the Clamshell closed.   Not completely sure what year the Propane safety solenoid was added but that sounds like the amount of current that the safety solenoid would pull.   
    Good call. I had forgotten about that because I don't have one. I suppose that the solution is to either keep the clamshell closed or get some kind of spring clamp that you can put over the solenoid switch to keep it closed until you want to use the propane.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab