Options

Potential leak of pressure relief valve: where does the water go?

While winterizing, having opened the low point valves, the fresh water valve and the 2 pressure relief valves all was well until we noticed a significant dripping behind the passenger side wheel.  Looking underside at the black membrane covering ( covers the tank bottoms I think) behind the axel it looked like a water bed! A quick slash opened the membrane and the water drained out.  Reason it flowed (water was probably a quart or so) to passenger side is the slight tilt to the trailer that way.  My suspect is the pressure relief valve(s) not draining properly through their opening in the floor to the outside but rather between the floor and the membrane.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  Short of pulling the relief valves up out of the floor opening, I can't figure how to verify the leakage source.  Is there supposed to be a tube from the valve exit thru the floor to the outside?  The flooring inside the trailer around the valves is dry.  
Hans Peter,  Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
2019 T@B400 Rogue
2012 VW Touareg 3.0 TDI

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2020
    @peterjoce400, I do not own a 400 and have not had something like that occure, but there should be a drain hose connected to the pressure relief valve(s).  The drain tube(s) should extend through the black Coroplast (corrogated plastic) that covers the underside of the frame.   The water drains through the tube and onto the ground below the trailer.  The below discussion includes a photo of the valve and drain tube.  If you do not see a drain tube there, then my guess is that it was inadvertently not properly attached (or not attached at all) at the time of assembly at the factory.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/151537#Comment_151537
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The two low point drains and the two Alde/pressure relief drains are ALL exposed and not under the area covered by the plastic, they should just drop straight onto ground. This is how my 2019 is, unless they covered a lot more of the under carriage no water should normally end up on top of the plastic.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    Relating to the discussion..a bit, is the tubing in the newer ( ours is 2020 ) trailers pex?
    I have a piece of 3/8 in my hands, it says "freeze damage resistant"  , does that relate ?
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    Not specifically certain, @trimtab, but it sounds right. 3/8" PEX has been used right along for the Alde connections, and PEX by its nature is freeze resistant.  
    2015 T@B S