Alde heating system on 2017 T#B320S

huanvanhohuanvanho Member Posts: 47
I set my Alde 3010 to both shore power and Propane ON. I only raised to level 1 for shore power since my electrical breaker is only 15 AMPS. I  raised temperature to 85F (inside Nucamp is 45). Wait for an hour but still nothing heating up. where would be the heat come out? I did not see any air duct. My water heater was heating up OK.  Any things that I could miss? Thanks for comments.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    The Alde supplies heat via convection.  The black tubes that run off the Alde contain and circulate the hot glycol that heats up the radiator fins under the benches.  The gaps at the bottom of the benches allow air to enter and heat up.  The warm air then rises and enters the cabin via the gaps at the top of the benches and behind the rear shelf.  You will not feel anything blowing as it is not a forced air furnace.  If the TaB is very cold, it will take time for the heat to warm up all the interior.  Make sure you have adequate glycol in your expansion tank and check your Alde pump setting.  It should be 1.5 to 2.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Also, you should hear the propane burner come on and go off, not real loud but you should be able to hear it. The propane should get you warm in a half hour or so.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2020
    also, do not activate the shower boost.  that diverts heat to the shower and takes it away form the heat function. You use the shower boost when you want hot water for the shower.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    If you open the small storage door in the passenger side wheelwell storage and reach in you can see and feel the rubber hose to feel for temperature increasing.
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2020
    The 3010 manual says if both gas & electric are on, priority is given to electric, then gas is used to make minor adjustments of a few degrees or so.
    Try putting your fingertips at the slot next to the rear ceiling behind the rear shelf (and never block that slot), as that is a major source of heat into the cabin.  Also, there are two slots in the wood below the side bench seat - near floor & just below cushion.  The upper one should have warm air coming out, after it heats up & starts drawing in air from floor level.  If you don't feel heat after an hour, you may need to check fuses, including AC & DC fuses inside the converter panel door & also inside the top of the Alde unit itself under the back seat which depend on DC current for the glycol pump & electronic control.  Also important not to block any of those floor level vents.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2020
    Yes, as @BrianZ mentioned, be sure the vent slots are not blocked.

At the back end of the bed, there's a vent slot just under the edge of the back shelf, at about mattress height. If your blankets block that shelf area, your heat will definitely be impeded.

Also, if your table is turned into a bed, the heat from under the bench seats tends to stay under the bed.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @huanvanho - well, did your TaB heat up yet😊
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • huanvanhohuanvanho Member Posts: 47
    Thanks all... My T@B is heating up now.... Thanks for all comments.