Options

VIN #

Two quick questions: 

At what point during the build process does the VIN # get created.

Is it acceptable to call NuCamp and ask for upgrades like Maxx fans to be installed during the building process or at their service center upon completion of the trailer.

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Any changes or installations must be ordered through the dealer.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    edited November 2020
    I'm not sure exactly when the VIN is assigned but ours was given to us just as production began.  So I know they do it before the trailer is completed.  And yes, if you want upgrades done at the factory you'll need to contact Austin at NuCamp and let him know.  He runs the Service Dept at NuCamp.  You'll need your VIN when you contact him so he can flag your trailer to be sent over to his shop after it comes off the assembly line.  His team will then make the upgrades before it is shipped out.   I initially contact our dealer for upgrades and they and their NuCamp sales rep put me in touch with Austin to get the changes made.  Austin was great to work with when he upgraded ours last spring.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @bergger and @runaway30 - this was discussed in another thread in early September.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/147394#Comment_147394

As a reminder, nuCamp expects that with a new order, due to delivery logistics and timing, post production mods must be managed via your dealer.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio