Options

outside cover for CoolCat AC vent T@b400

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Yes, I leave the cover on all the time, except when using the CoolCat.  Just remember to remove the cover, or the unit will not cool correctly.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Jake_Elwood_and_usJake_Elwood_and_us Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2022
    Denny16 We might be neighbors. :) Our first trip will be Santa Cruz to Humboldt redwoods, a trip to visit our son on his long weekend off.

2021 T@B400 BD
    2000 Tundra 4x4 poverty pulling luxury
    Calif. coastal-sand & redwoods
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2022
    Sounds like a grand trip Jake, we are on the coast (Lost Coast area) north of SanFrancisco, just south of where Highway 1 turns east and connects to Hwy 101.  Kind of out of the way, we did take a trip north to the Ave of the Redwoods a few years back, just off 101 going towards Eureka.  Have a safe trip and enjoy the nice scenery up there.  It’s a little different than Santa Cruz, more trees and less sun.
     Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    DenisP said:
    Jim, really nice job an elegant solution. I made a rigid cover for my Coolcat for the same reason and it has worked well for the last couple of years for travel and storage. I used materials on hand so my attachment is different but as with any modification there are many ways to approach it. 

I like this idea.  What did you use to attach the plexiglass?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    kevenvkevenv Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2022
    Blueespy said:
    I like this idea.  What did you use to attach the plexiglass?
    Looks like he installed 4 slotted latches, one near each corner to grab under the mesh, something similar to this (perhaps modified to fit through the mesh): 

• Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Thank you, the link is a good point of reference to start searching.  Just trying to get a handle on what the back side look like and whether I have to modify the grill.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2022
    @Blueespy I used Dzus fasteners to attach the plexiglass. Quarter turn to attach or release. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    DM159DM159 Member Posts: 44
    Thanks jimcenname for the idea.  I copied your effort and it has worked out perfectly. 
    2023 TAB 400 with modifications in process.