outside cover for CoolCat AC vent T@b400

jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
I keep the outside AC vent on my 400 covered when not in use or when towing. Previously I used the snap-on canvas cover NuCamp provided aided by tape so it wouldn't come off while driving. Removing and replacing it got old since I tape it in place. I created a slide-frame for a slide in panel by fastening three 3/4-inch aluminum angles to the top, bottom and front of the vent. I then slid a Coroplast panel into place to cover the vent. The photo shows it prior to application of paint for a white matching finish. I drilled condensation drain holes in the bottom angle to match the existing holes in the vent. I used sheetmetal screws to attach the angles to the vent.  

As a side note. Notice the white band around the perimeter of the two round windows. To repair water leaks NuCamp cut the black decal away from the window's perimeter and sealed the windows with white caulk. NuCamp service said the windows leaked because the black decal moved too much when it got hot, breaking the seal of the black caulk against the window. 

2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments