Options

Finally!

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited November 2020 in Camping & Travel
I took possession of my new 2021 T@B 32S Boondock last Saturday. At first glance it looks so small compared to my previous 2019 T@B 400. But it looks just the right size now. 

Of course it is white with red trim and decals. And there’s a whole slew of bells and whistles that were installed after the factory was completed. 

The photos did not come out in the order I wanted.....

Here she is:

I am amazed at how much room there is under the kitchen sink. The 12V and 110V outlets are now under the sink, rather than above the sink. A much safer alternative, in my mind. (I found a rechargeable small vacuum and that is the black object sitting on its side.)

The bright yellow sign tied to the kitchen faucet that many new owners are not understanding. “ATTENTION:  For your protection, the mixing valve is set at the coldest setting.  In order to adjust the temperature, please consult the owner’s manual.”

Yup, 210 wats of solar panel on the rear with 105 watts above the front window. No, the two bars on the Yakima rack are not shutting off the solar panel. The panel has stayed at the same voltage all week. 

The two square lights are the most invaluable motion sensor solar lights. I need to come up with a different way to attach them to the rear as the carabiners are too small for the eco-skeleton frame. I used to attach them to the rear handles, bringing them inside in the morning and putting them out at night when traveling, if needed. 

The red marine vinyl upholstery that is so dog and desert dust friendly. 

I love the new black step with the same light that was on the T@B 400. The simple graphics are great. And the lack of the extra pieces of plastic trim will make washing and drying so much easier. 
The front tub with one propane tank and two Harris 6V AGM batteries. I have a battery box to put the batteries in, but I need to have my brother help with the lifting. I have the lid covering the top of the batteries temporarily. I think the new elongated tub actually gives me more space than the previous style. The batteries fit well, my Jack pads fit behind the batteries, along with the gray garden hose (for gray water), and two small rugs for outside the door. 

The full sized spare I requested, bolted to a tire mount that has a heavy duty metal plate inside the tub to help hold the weight of the tire.  The 105 watt solar panel is above the front window. 

Rather than drive the 300 miles home, we mooch-docked in a friend’s driveway for the night. The red sleeping bag is MINE!  Sunny Day didn’t get the memo, but Guido understood the black and gray one is for the dogs to share!
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    OH MY GOODNESS, THAT UPHOLSTERY IS FABULOUS! And it’s so you! Congrats on your new trailer! I’m definitely jealous of that undersink cabinet. 

Do you plan to carry anything on that cargo rack when traveling? It seems like having the solar panels mounted under that space would make the rack less useful, but I’m guessing you use it for something or you would have left it off. You had on on the previous 320, didn’t you?
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Very nice Verna!  You are all set for the west and beyond!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Sharon_is_SAM, yes, West and beyond!  I have some great plans up my sleeve, after the traveling is freed up. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

@VictoriaP, Thank you. I need to get a piece of PVC to put the cargo rack’s bars in, along with something to cushion them (pool noodles?) and I will keep them in my truck bed. I already have a Yakima rack on the truck shell, so I really didn’t need this rack, but it was part of the package. The 210 watt solar panel was a late change, and the rack was already on the T@B. I may need it for an emergency, so I’ll keep it. 

Yes, I had the cargo rack on the 2014 for my spare tire and wet rugs.

The previous T@Bs had faux leather, but since it was not available, I had to search. I spent over an hour at JoAnn’s Fabric, on the phone with nüCamp and an employee at another store who was more knowledgeable about the marine vinyl vs the faux leather. I can now tell the marine vinyl is thicker and I know nüCamp and JoAnn’s Fabric steered me in the correct direction with this selection. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @Verna With two couch dogs, the vinyl makes perfect sense. Actually, for camping in general, it makes more sense than the upholstery all the manufacturers insist on installing everywhere in RVs.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Congratulations Verna, your new TaB looks great.  Now you can sort out the cassette toilet and Nautilus system first hand.  Love the marine upholstery upgrade, a grand idea, that looks fabulous.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BywaysNWBywaysNW Member Posts: 71
    I like the extra solar, which not only adds capacity, but also increases the time that you've got a good angle on the sun.  How about grey foam pipe insulation tubes for the rack?
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    Wow! Congratulations!
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    @BywaysNW, foam pipe insulation would certainly be more available this time of the year.  Thanks for the idea. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Thank you, @Denny16. This is my 3rd T@B and I have had red faux leather in both of the previous ones. After having one dog in a teardrop (queen bed on wheels) I knew I-didn’t want doggie foot prints on the upholstery. 

It’s winterized so I’ll have to wait until February to use the new things. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

@Mellow_Yellow, I had a 2014 T@B S Max and if I hadn’t gotten a 400 two years ago, I could tell you that I would be trading the 2014 in for this 2021. I love the upgrades nüCamp has made. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Looks awesome, @Verna.  Congrats!
    We are still using those great solar lights at the front corners too.
    I may have missed it, but why did you go back to the 320?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Thank you, @BrianZ!  Brian, the 400 was great while I was fulltiming. But once I found my “dream” home, the 400 seemed too large for shot weekend trips. I went back to the 320 size. 

I can tell you, if I hadn’t had the 400 and had kept the 2014 T@B, I would probably have been trading this year to the 2021 model. There are some really innovative changes that have been made, that make a lot of sense to me. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Verna, congrats! Enjoy!!!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    Congratulations. Your Tab looks amazing. Happy trails. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Verna - where did they put your Smart Shunt for the BMV?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    edited November 2020
    Looks good, you people (Jenn and you) in the know about what the factory can do as an upgrade! We wanted a more durable material for the cushions, didn't realize they could do it.

We've found that having solar both front and back handles the issues of which spot  you're in. We've now handled it by mounting our remote solar panel on the rack in a cargo carrier and plugging it into the network if it's in the sun or letting the front handle charging if in a better spot. Otherwise we pull the panel off and set it up in the sun. Nice (understatement) because I no longer have to transport them (2) in the TV.

BTW, looking forward to see if you can determine where the  wiring from the shunt's load side goes. Also is there only one wire then going to the battery? If so can you determine the wire gauge?
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    argemargem Member Posts: 17
    I'm excited for you! Nothing like having a new chapter of camper life to enjoy!
    Ron & Abbie-Ashland,Ky 2005DM CS towed by 2014 Venza
  • Options
    @MarkAl, thank you!  Please do me a favor and remind me of your questions Thanksgiving week, please!  I can figure out the answers while I’m fixing Thanksgiving dinner!

I have 3 days of contractors this week to make home improvements, and I need to help my brother tomorrow. I could get a bit overwhelmed this week😂😂😂 Backup generator for the whole house to be installed, heat to be installed in the garage, along with furnace check up, new propane water heater, new kitchen sink and faucet and repack the faucets in the master bathroom. Whew!  Try scheduling that on 3 consecutive days👍
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Thanks, @argem. I’m like a kid in a candy store!  Downsizing from a 400 means I have a pile of “there is no way that will fit in here!”.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Welcome back to the 320 fold. She’s a beauty.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, it’s always great to hear from you!  Thank you.

I did receive the bolt and as soon as it gets closer to 70* again, I will install it. Otherwise, I’ll bring it to T@Bazona!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Verna see you there. If the powers that be allow it. We have been looking at hazmat suits just in case.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2020
    Hazmat suits. Great idea @Dalehelman
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2020
    Yes hazmat suits are effective, but a little overkill me thinks.  A proper mask and keeping the 6-feet or so distance should work also.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I have similar solar motion lights that are a little wider and with 2 holes.  I put pairs of small command hooks on both sides and the front that I can hang them on when we park.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    @Tampakayaker, thanks for the hint.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    That looks great, Verna. Congratulations. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Thank you, @cbarnhill!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 708
    Sweet rig, Verna! I just saw Patty yesterday and she was wondering if you had gotten it! 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!