Options

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock: Grey Water Hose

We just picked up our 2021T@B 320 S Boondock and are starting to outfit it with all the additional stuff we need. Any recommendations for the grey water hose? And how to best store it? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KentsbKentsb Member Posts: 67
    We replaced the hose given to us by the dealer with one from Wal-Mart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RhinoFLEX-15ft-Heavy-Duty-RV-Sewer-Hose-Kit-Includes-Swivel-Fitting-Translucent-Elbow-4-In-1-Dump-Station-Fitting-Storage-Caps-Included-39762/23636864

I like this one as it comes with several adapters and caps. After using I just rinse and  cap it off and put it in the bathroom while towing. I have seen several better solutions for storage on YouTube

52 nights
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2020
    You do know, the 2021 propane tub has a storage spot for the Sewer hose, towards the back of the tub.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    For gray water only You  could use a  short regular garden hose.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2020
    I agree with @Dalehelman

I have a 12’, gray in color, garden hose that I will be using for my gray water on my 2021 320S. I honestly see absolutely no reason to keep a typical RV sewer hose if I have the cassette toilet. Just in case 12’ isn’t long enough, I also have a 25’, black in color, G-flex garden hose that I have also used for gray water on my former T@B 400.

Be sure to replace your gray water cover with one of these caps that has a garden hose connection (under ($4 on Amazon):

Be sure to get this attachment for the RV dump sewer so you won’t have to breathe in the sewer fumes (Amazon, as usual for me):

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    The one reason I can see to keep a normal sewer hose with a grey water only setup is that sludge does form in grey water...bits of food, soap scum (even biodegradable) and organics from showering combine and need to be periodically flushed out. If you only use the cap with the smaller hole in the center, some sludge may get stuck below that center hole and build up in both pipe and tank. That’s the nasty, smelly component of grey water, so I want it out of there.

I’d opt for a brand new sewer hose, but I’d only use it a few times a year when doing a more thorough rinse.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP, I left my longer sewer hoses with the new owner of my 400, but I kept the 5’ Blue Boy connector hose. I’ll leave it at home as I don’t foresee needing it frequently. 

I’m still looking for the photo of the RV dump attachment for the garden hose. I posted it once, so I guess I’ll look through my photos. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Verna

The 5’ is probably perfect for just a periodic grey cleaning, especially if you still have the Blue Boy, or even a 5 gallon bucket. I know you know all this stuff already...preaching to the choir! But we have an awful lot of people brand new to RVing in general right now who might not realize that even grey water can get pretty yucky, so I figured I’d post. 

I was surprised myself to see the amount of gunk that came out of the grey the first time I dumped it. Hadn’t even used the Tab shower, had wiped dishes out with paper towels, proper soap, the works, and still, greyish ick. 

Is this the dump attachment that you’re referencing? https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-39322-Water-Sewer-Fitting/dp/B0002F676O/

2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP, you’re fine. We’re here to help and teach and you have been a great help!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:
    @VictoriaP, you’re fine. We’re here to help and teach and you have been a great help!
    Aw, thanks. *blushes* I try to be useful, anyway!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Yes, @VictoriaP, that is what I wanted. (I forgot to resize mine, so I had to do that.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @ScottG, yes, it will be a trade-off. A bit more time at the dump station, or attach a hose tube to the frame of the new 320. I haven’t added anything to the gray tank yet, so we’ll see what happens after Thanksgiving if I get to go camping this year!  Two nights of mooch-docking is not quite camping enough for me as compared to my normal 4+ months of camping per year!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    We've got the Rhinoflex kit listed above. Works great. We store in this: https://www.campingworld.com/adjustable-ez-hose-carrier-630077.html
    that we zip tied under the trailer tongue on one of the arms. We got the longer one. At the time it was all we could get since everything else was backordered. It's a nice solution and is easily accessible and out of the way all at the same time.

2021 320 S Boondock
    Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    @andyboy, I have one in my garage. I just don’t see a need for the sewer hose. If my garden hose idea doesn’t work out, I’ll attach the hose carrier to the frame, and purchase a 15’ sewer hose.  Otherwise, the gray garden hose and the sewer fitting will be all I need since I have the cassette toilet. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    I get it. I already had this stuff before I read about the garden hose solution and have been happy with it, especially how fast it drains. Should something happen and I need to replace the Rhinoflex, I'll definitely look into the garden hose adapter. I can't even imagine life before the cassette toilet! Actually I can. I like it this way.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
    Des Moines, IOWA!