Options

ems pt30x

Looking to purchase this surge protector for our 2021 T@B 320S Boondock.  We don't want the hardwired model as we are worried about warranty issues.  Our concern is about theft.  What could we do to reduce the risk of theft?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Buy a cable lock.  There is a hole to thread a cable through the EMS and just lock it to the campsite pedestal.  You can also cover it with a bag to prevent advertising your expensive unit.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    As with anything, you can’t 100% prevent theft, only deter it. I use this cable lock, there’s usually some bracket to lock it to or a post to lock it around.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBKN24/
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I think it'll depend where you camp.

There is a steel tab on the top power cord.  I run a bicycle cable lock thru that on mine and around the power pole.

Our protector is more like a dogbone shape with the out put having another cord on it.  Both that cord and the T@B cord have handles on them, so the bike lock goes thru them also.  

When I'm done wrapping the cable thru the connections and around the pole, it looks like a picture of a Maypole its wrapped so many times.

Anything you use that makes it harder to steal then the one next to you, will deter a casual thief looking for an easy opportunity.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    RetiredguyRetiredguy Member Posts: 21