Options

2021 T@B 400 winterized, but leaving Alde heater on low?

I have had my 2021 T@B 400 winterized, but I leave it plugged into shore power all the time.  Is there any reason that I shouldn’t leave the Alde heater on low (55 degrees) all winter? I live in Seattle, so it rarely gets to freezing temps, but is mostly in the upper 30’s and 40’s throughout the winter months.  I do have a dehumidifier in there as well as some DampRid as well.
2021 T@B 400 Boondock • Acura MDX
PacNW

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Alternatively, I would ask if there is any reason to run the Alde all winter. If the camper is winterized, why does it need to be kept at 55F?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PjknoblePjknoble Member Posts: 14
    No particular reason, other than I go in and out to do things in there and it’s nice not having it be totally cold. I should have clarified that I was asking if there is any “harmful to the T@B” reason. 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock • Acura MDX
    PacNW
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    I also live in a very humid climate and worry about mold and mildew.  I run a small electric heater set ~50-55 to keep the interior a bit warmer and drier than the outside environment.  I open all cabinets and bench tops then move cushions & bedding into a spare bedroom.  I also put a damp rid bucket in the CS kitchen and prop open the pass thru cabinets.  Probably excessive in some areas but after many seasons with SUNT@B never any storage issues.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Pjknoble said:
    No particular reason, other than I go in and out to do things in there and it’s nice not having it be totally cold. I should have clarified that I was asking if there is any “harmful to the T@B” reason. 
    Got it. Probably not harmful per se, but it will use quite a bit of electricity and add some  wear and tear on the Alde. Depending on your actual usage of the space, it's your call as to whether that is a good use of resources. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TommySTommyS Member Posts: 1
    I was planning to do the same here in Tennessee.  My question to the group is with the water drained, could that be a problem for the Alde with an empty water tank?
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    @TommyS Welcome to the Forums!

From the Alde FAQ:

Can I use my heating system even though the freshwater in my water heater has been drained off?

Yes, you can use your heating system as normal even if the water heater is empty.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi