Options

OK to use Alde on electric only when covered?

Hi All,
My wife and I finally found our trailer, a 2017 T@B Q MAX, with air conditioner removed and converted to loo storage. Purchased it from neighbors who used it frequently and were meticulous in it’s care.   My unit is covered for winter and I wondered if on electric only I could run the Alde with the cover on (classic accessory, teardrop cover).  There is no combustion, I would think, so no intake or exhaust?  I have tried to find something on this in the search, but nothing came up that answered this question.  Please excuse my naïveté.  

BTW:  Mods coming: RVLOCK for door, 2” mattress pad with Sherpa cover, adding Reese Sway Bar.  Have Proven Lock, water pressure regulator, 30 A surge protector, spare on front, #27 battery, cover (as mentioned), radial tires, Camco (Anderson style) balancer, chocks, front wheel.  We live in Wisconsin, so air conditioner would rarely be used but if we begin to travel in the hotter regions, the cabinet can readily be returned to accommodate a unit.  However, we hope to mostly camp off of shore power, but we will see.  
2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
2018 Toyota Highlander, XLE  
Wisconsin

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    You are correct that there is no combustion, intake, or exhaust when using the Alde on electric. I am not aware of any reason why running the Alde on electric only with the camper covered would pose any problem, but I'm not sure why you would want to do so. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Would be a lot cheaper to winterize the plumbing than to run the Alde on electric.
  • Options
    MadCityJackMadCityJack Member Posts: 106
    ScottG said:
    You are correct that there is no combustion, intake, or exhaust when using the Alde on electric. I am not aware of any reason why running the Alde on electric only with the camper covered would pose any problem, but I'm not sure why you would want to do so. 
    Thank you.  I want the option of going inside to hang out during the frigid winters here in Wisconsin.  Just getting it to 40 would help.  I could also use a small ceramic heater, but just wanted options.  The trailer has been winterized.  
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The Alde was not designed for continuous operation from what I understand.  Patrick of Traveling with Delany did this with his TaB400 the first winter he had it, and had a Alde issue afterwards, nüCamp indicated the Alde was not desktop run all winter long in freezing conditions.  I use a small ceramic heater to keep the humidity and chill down in our TaB400, it uses less electricity than the Alde running in 1KW mode.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    Congratulations! What color?
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We use ours all the time in the 'off' season, covered or not!

It will warm up in an hour or so, I'd think, unless it's one of those famous Wisconsin 'cold snaps'! ie: below zero might take longer!

Perfectly understandable!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    TNOutback said:
    Would be a lot cheaper to winterize the plumbing than to run the Alde on electric.
    It is winterized but I wanted the option to sit or work on something inside on occasion and temps here will be very cold.  As mentioned above, a small ceramic heater would also work.
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    Congratulations! What color?
    Silver with black trim.
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    Wisconsin