Options

2020 320S dual 6V AGM golf cart battery install

2»

Comments

• Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 492
    Are you sure these batteries are going to be happy on their sides when they get bounced around?
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    well, i sure am going to find out!  they claim to be fine in any orientation but upside down.  Here's hoping...
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    Thank you, nice installation!  These batteries are pricey, but I really like the dimensions.
  • Options
    Thank you, nice installation!  These batteries are pricey, but I really like the dimensions.
    I agree.   Perfect fit. I was just looking at the location between the axle and hitch... at the 1/3 - 2/3 point,  so 2/3rds of the weight is on the hitch.  That makes me feel a bit better about how heavy they are. 
  • Options
    NovaNova Member Posts: 3
    Yanni. Cool. So forgive me for asking if it is in the thread, but what are your major Ah draws? I have a new 2way fridge that will need some power and I have a CPAP.  Earlier above, it appears that you will have 180Ah useable correct as you have 225Ah 6V in series? No solar? Just charging from Tow Vehicle or occasional Shore Power? TY
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG said:
    Can you run your fridge on propane?

I'm not sure when exactly they switched from the 3-way to the 2-way in the 320s. 
    Because the 3 way is unreliable. I wouldn't go back to a three-way if you paid me. It's like a mean trick. It works once, so you think you are OK, so you pack food into the fridge, only to get to the campground and have it spoiled, lol.

In a nutshell, it is simpler, you are able to get a little more space, including a small ice box, and it just works!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Nova said:
    Yanni. Cool. So forgive me for asking if it is in the thread, but what are your major Ah draws? I have a new 2way fridge that will need some power and I have a CPAP.  Earlier above, it appears that you will have 180Ah useable correct as you have 225Ah 6V in series? No solar? Just charging from Tow Vehicle or occasional Shore Power? TY
    No solar.  No generator.   I have 3 way/ Propane fridge.   AH use would be lighting,  occassional small alde draw,  fan (modified to variable speed to reduce draw...) and I like to watch Netflix using Jensen TV and amplifier if only boondocking 1 night,  otherwise i  use an iPad. I Recently installed the batteries so not yet sure,  but goal is 3 or 4 worry free boondock nights... we'll see! I use a genius 10 smart charger at home and will bring it with me for when shore power is available to get a really good charge.   Otherwise, car alternator is it.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    jkjenn said:
    ScottG said:
    Can you run your fridge on propane?

I'm not sure when exactly they switched from the 3-way to the 2-way in the 320s. 
    Because the 3 way is unreliable. I wouldn't go back to a three-way if you paid me. It's like a mean trick. It works once, so you think you are OK, so you pack food into the fridge, only to get to the campground and have it spoiled, lol.

In a nutshell, it is simpler, you are able to get a little more space, including a small ice box, and it just works!
    Fair enough, but the question was when did they switch, not why did they switch. The goal wasn't to debate the efficacy of one fridge over another, but rather to figure out the power needs of the OP given what equipment they had.

While it can sometimes be a little temperamental to light, my 3-way has reliably served my needs for six seasons. Of course, now that I've said that it will fail and I'll be back here wading into the debate of what to replace it with.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    A_boondock_ownerA_boondock_owner Member Posts: 11
    My wife needs night oxygen (concentrator draws about 120W plus a CPAP (10-20W), so as much as I'd like not to, I'll probably end up deploying a Honda Inverter 2k generator with propane conversion, for night use. Shouldn't be needed in campgrounds (where A/C is likely present), but at least it will allow some boondocking. Solar is great, but I don't want to count on inverted 12v when it's oxygen equipment involved; that's essentially life-threatening. But, if the 12v/inverter could be set up to detect loss of A/C, and/or I get a propane refill before off-grid camping, may work out for a night here and there. Looks like we're about to get another ice storm in the Portland, OR area, and that invariably means power outages (even in campgrounds). We had an outage in a hotel we stayed in a couple months ago, so ... there ya go!