Options

Proposed tent idea

NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
edited January 2021 in Products and Accessories
the specific ones made for the tab's are very expensive and some companies don't even make them for the 2021's

But the only reason I see to get one of those is to have the door open into it avoiding the rain etc.

I looked at reviews on a bunch of them and for $180 ordered this one here

THe reviews on you tube are very good one person has it in use 8 years, look at the specs below image

• Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside flap zippered windows
  • Removable seam-sealed fly
  • Mesh roof vents, 2 zippered side windows with inside flaps
  • Shock corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin & ring for easy set up
  • Guy out vent at the back of the tent, Two convenience pockets
Great for camping with family or friends, the Wenzel Klondike measures 16-feet by 11-feet. The Klondike sleeps eight, five in its 98 square feet of interior space, with room for sleeping three more in the 60 square foot screen room with its zip up walls. 6.5 feet of head room lets you stand up straight while inside the tent. The attached screen room can also be used as sun shelter, a picnic room, a gear room or a room just to relax in. A full mesh roof and two mesh windows keep bugs out and let the breeze in. In addition a rear mesh vent creates ground breeze. Weather Armor polyester fabric with a polyurethane water resistant coating protects from top to bottom. Double-stitched, lap-felled seams through out the body of the tent provide a shingle effect against water. All threads, zippers and webbing are treated with superior water repellency applications to enforce these critical areas. The Klondike has a fiberglass frame and uses Power Corners that increase the tent's stability in high winds. Included are two hanging pockets that create an area for items needing easy access, a storage duffel and a 10 year warranty against defects. Specifications: • Base: 16 ft. x 11 ft. • Center Height: 78 in. • Eave Height: 61" • Area: 98 sq. ft. + 60 sq. ft. screen room • Door: Inverted "T" style, interior flex style • Floor: welded polyethylene • Frame: fiberglass • Stakes: steel and plastic • Carry Weight: 27.3 lbs. • Sleeps: 8

2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The 2021 TaBs use the same tent accessories as the previous models, the outside size is the same, as is the Keeder rail setup.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Denny16 - PahaQue has not made a tent yet that fits the 2021 320 model.  Maybe an issue with the new Keder rail.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    You could almost park the T@B inside that and still step out into your screen room.  ;-)

I can't speak for that brand, but I camped in a similar but smaller version of that style tent for many years before getting the T@B. 

The biggest limitation I found was that even my smaller version was so large it was often hard to find a level spot to pitch it, and it barely fit on most platform sites.

It was a great tent. Regardless, I got a T@B in large part so I could stop futzing with tents. YMMV!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    edited January 2021
    My last tent before I bought the Tab was from an English company called CampingWorld UK. In Europe they have whole lines of tents designed for "caravans".  They also have many other designs for tents with "vestibules" that allow you a place to "hang out" if you want to be outside, and extend the space of the camper.
    The tent looked like it would be the perfect addition to the trailer, but, alas, it didn't make it through a windstorm and really didn't make it through the clinical trials.  This is just the page to the "awnings" for the "caravans", and on a quick look, some even have keder rail functionality.  But a lot of these look interesting, especially the inflatables.

Here is a Dometic inflatable "awning" that has a keder rail.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi