Bike Rack on New Tab 320S Boondock

Hey everyone, we're taking possession of our new Tab 320S Boondock in a month or two---we can't wait.  I wanted to run something by the forum to get your input---
The dealership said that NuCamp is "out of supply" on the Yakima bike racks that are supposed to come in the Boondock package.  The dealership said that NuCamp is simply not shipping new trailers with them, since they're out of them.  Does this sound legit?  I called and left a message directly with NuCamp Customer Service, but haven't heard back from them yet.
I would love to get your input on this! Thanks
Tommy
2021 Subaru Outback XT
2021 T@B 320s Boondock

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    It is possible the Yakima is currently unavailable.  I thought someone posted here that the rear brush guard was on back order and trailers were being shipped without them.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • NovaTabNovaTab Member Posts: 91
    I just picked mine up two weeks ago had both the rack & brush guard, found out you're supposed to get a $300 credit if not included for each
    2021 TaB 320 Boondock, Gran Cherokee TrailHawk

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    That sux. I’d rather the promise of installation when they came in as opposed to $300.00!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • TommyBoyTommyBoy Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, I agree to the comments above.  Thanks for the replies. 
    I did hear from NuCamp today, and the person who called me said that it was up to the dealer!  And that there are no plans on getting me the racks when they become available. I'm sure the dealers will just say that "oh, we already discounted the price by $300, so you're good."  Just my guess.
    Tommy
    2021 Subaru Outback XT
    2021 T@B 320s Boondock
    @TommyBoy: I would press the issue with the dealer, and if no success with them to contact customer support at Nucamp.  to get shagged on not only the rack but the $300.00 bucks too.. that ain't right.
    2018 320S Outback
  • CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    TommyBoy said:
    Hey everyone, we're taking possession of our new Tab 320S Boondock in a month or two---we can't wait.  I wanted to run something by the forum to get your input---
    The dealership said that NuCamp is "out of supply" on the Yakima bike racks that are supposed to come in the Boondock package.  The dealership said that NuCamp is simply not shipping new trailers with them, since they're out of them.  Does this sound legit?  I called and left a message directly with NuCamp Customer Service, but haven't heard back from them yet.
    I would love to get your input on this! Thanks
    We also have a 320 BD coming soon (March) and got the same notification from the dealer a month or two ago about the Yakima rack (it is a cargo rack, not a bike rack though). The information we got was the same - that they are in short supply and nuCamp is shipping without them. We were left with the option to have it installed later or get a credit ($350 I think) and initially chose to wait for installation.
    The dealer got in touch with us a few weeks back and told us they now expect the camper to arrive with rack.
    I think that nuCamp along with most RV manufacturers is struggling with their supply chain. The rack, and apparently the toilet were at one point in short supply. Our dealer has been very good about letting us know what's going on but they are at the mercy of the factory who in turn is dependent on their supply chain.
    Hopefully, the story has a happy ending.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
    cool, I'll try again with the dealer---thanks for all of the feedback on it.
    Needless to say, we are so excited about taking delivery and getting our T@b.  It's going to be a fun learning adventure!
    Tommy
    2021 Subaru Outback XT
    2021 T@B 320s Boondock
  • finding_eliasfinding_elias Member Posts: 26
    My 2021 Tab 320S Boondock arrived today in Phoenix. NO YAKIMA RACK. Dealer is still going to honor the order. Awaiting notice from parts as to when the part arrives so they can install. I don't even want to drive it off the lot until it's 100% what I ordered. Also, wrong decals on my camper. Ugh. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock, 2021 Jeep Gladiator JT
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Sounds like you got he wrong trailer....
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited February 2021
    Ditto @Denny16's comment.  If the "wrong" decals are not to your satisfaction, you should have them provide you with a replacement trailer that comports with what you ordered.  On the other hand, if you can live with it as is, at least the dealer will make good on the Yakima rack.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

edited February 2021
    Thanks all. It appears that the decals are the only thing that NuCamp got wrong. The order form did state the decals I ordered, they just put on the wrong ones at the factory. Those are easily changed. I don't like the Ridge decals at all. I ordered Aspire and told them I won't sign anything until I get the camper I ordered. They're also installing a lithium battery and the Victron monitor for me so it'll be there for a bit before I can pickup anyway. I was terrified the interior wouldn't be birch and have to wait another long period before getting a replacement as I do not like the grey interior at all. Everything else was fine. They're getting me an idea of when the Yakima rails are likely to arrive. Meanwhile, I'm quite entertained with mods on my new Jeep Gladiator. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    Might want to cross check the VIN just in case.
    Elias, that is good they can redo the graphics.  What are you doing to your JT, and which model did you get?  I got the Sport S and added the max tow springs and shocks for towing the TaB400, works great.  
    Cheers
    @Denny16 I got the same one Sport S with the Max tow package. Right now I'm installing the Hothead Headliners and Sound straps. My dad put them in his Jeep a few months ago and you would not believe the difference. Totally insulates the Jeep and the deadens the sound completely. Well worth the price and they did not fall off even in high South Texas heat. The Phoenix heat will be the real test. Also bought about $600 in accessories on Amazon. This and that really. I ordered the Yakima Bedrock HD. I already have a Megawarrior basket so I figure if I don't put the basket on the camper, I can put it on the truck bed with storage underneath and save the rails on the camper for bikes. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    Nice, I am thinking about adding the Headliners kit also.  So the sound strips really work, good to know.  The max tow package is a nice setup, should be more than enough for the TaBs.  Enjoy both you newbJeep truck and TaB.
    cheers
  • gbodgbod Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2021
    We just took delivery of a new 2021 320S Boondock that did not have the Yakima rack installed.  It was delivered to the dealer at the beginning of January.  The dealer wasn't entirely sure why, but he told us the last several units he received did not have the racks, and he assumed it was a supply chain issue.  We didn't really haggle that much about it because it was the only unit we could find within 500 miles of us, and we drove 5 hours to go get it.  All the of our local RV NuCamp dealers are sold out "at least until May" on the T@B trailers, so we were grateful to find one at all.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2021 Honda Passport Elite AWD
    Meridian, Idaho
    @Denny16 you were right...it's the wrong trailer after all. I'm livid...to put it lightly.
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    😳

2018 320S Outback
    Hey, I thought I'd circle back on this for anyone who might find it useful---we just took possession of our new Tab 320S, and while we were told three months ago while waiting for it that it would not have the Yakima rack on the back , because of production shortfalls blamed on Covid, it showed up with it installed.  I was happy that it was there, but surprised that the communication between NuCamp and its dealers was so bad that they couldn't confirm that it would be on the unit.  I'm glad that it worked out and was there though.  
    Loving the new Tab and the new adventures!
    Tommy
    2021 Subaru Outback XT
    2021 T@B 320s Boondock
  • Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    TommyBoy said:
    Hey, I thought I'd circle back on this for anyone who might find it useful---we just took possession of our new Tab 320S, and while we were told three months ago while waiting for it that it would not have the Yakima rack on the back , because of production shortfalls blamed on Covid, it showed up with it installed.  I was happy that it was there, but surprised that the communication between NuCamp and its dealers was so bad that they couldn't confirm that it would be on the unit.  I'm glad that it worked out and was there though.  
    Loving the new Tab and the new adventures!
    That excellent for you, and at least one less thing to track down and deal with. What I don't understand is why the ones sent our without the Yakima rack are not getting them yet or the dealer has no clue as to what is happening. Shouldn't NuCamp provide the racks for those that have bought, paid and had picked up trailers?

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

You’re lucky you got the right camper in the first place. I ordered in September, was sent the wrong camper in January and now more delays on my second order. It’s been a bad experience. I still don’t have a camper 8 months later. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    @finding_elias  What dealer did the order?
    Tom’s Camperland in Mesa. And they have been great. They did nothing wrong. They’ve been great this entire time. We just have to wait. I just wish I was good at waiting. I missed the entire spring camping season. It’s a long story I don’t care to discuss here. Hoping for the best. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    Spring is not over yet, just beginning in most areas.  What is the ETA of your trailer now?
    cheers
    edited April 2021
    Haha. Well I live in Phoenix so the spring is definitely just about to be done. ETA is maybe 2 weeks or up to a month or more. It can’t be shipped until the others being built are done and the others all have back ordered parts. Mine is complete apparently but can’t be shipped alone. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona