Options

Alde 'factory' Glycol Brand Changing in 2021

First spotted this notice on the T@B Facebook Group.

NüCamp Support has notice letter:
   https://nucamprv.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/44002156353-2021-glycol-change 
if link does not work for you, have attached two PDF files.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited February 2021
    @MuttonChops you beat me to it, but I will still post a bulletin from nüCamp. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited February 2021
    Thank you for the info @MuttonChops.  It would have been helpful if nuCamp would have provided information on the reasoning (other than the manufacturer's requirement) behind the change, and whether it changes anything for owners of pre-2021 T@B models.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,685
    edited February 2021
    It is just propylene glycol.  "With inhibitor."  Just like before.  But now, from our own private source with our own private "inhibitors" which we won't tell you about.  Love my Alde....but.....but....(of course, it doesn't concern my 2017.)

I found a different Safety Data Sheet for the "Rhomar Water" mentioned in the Nucamp release.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    @Bayliss, “nüCamp” did not make this decision. “Alde/Truma” made the decision. Alde.Truma is the manufacturer of the Alde, not nüCamp. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,597
    pthomas745 said:
    . . found a different Safety Data Sheet for the "Rhomar Water" mentioned in the Nucamp release.

Yes, expect that is the general product EnviroGard SDS.
    While one NüCamp linked is the Adle Specific . . . the same but for 50% Ready-to-Use
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thanks, @Verna.  I do understand that nuCamp does not make the Alde.  My comment wasn't intended to be a ding on nuCamp.  It would be nice when any company (in this case, Truma) makes a change, it is helpful to know "why?"  I assume that there has been no modification of the Alde itself, so the change to "Rhomar Water" begs the question . . . . . . what's different between that and the glycol we've been using?  If the change improves the operation of the Alde, or the life/stability of the fluid, for example, it would be nice to know for general info.  Must be the "inhibitor" addition mentioned by @pthomas745.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    @Bayliss, yes, in that perfect world, it sure would be nice. But, those of us who have their T@B’s since before Alde/Truma’s actual changeover, do not have to worry about it. We will continue to use the Century that we have always used.  

Those who will have new T@B’s will need to read their manuals to know which glycol to use.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    I wonder if this change is motivated by something pragmatic such as better performance or supply issues, or if it is just a shift in contractual loyalties following the acquisition of Alde NA by Truma.

I still need to change my glycol, but since I already have three expensive gallons of the Century stuff on hand, that is what is going back in. If at some point those of us with older units need to switch glycol products, the need to flush the system completely will certainly add another wrinkle to the process.  :-/
    2015 T@B S