Aftermarket TV mount for t@b 400

When we purchased our 2019 t@b 400 we didn't want the factory provided TV and in discussing this with our sales rep, he understood us to mean no TV and no TV mount.  We've made due with an old Smart TV my daughter used in college that we lay on the bed during travel days and when parked, it sits on the shelf.  My wife would like the TV wall mounted.  Does anyone have experience on whether this is possible?  We called a t@b dealership and discussed this with service but the comment "well if there is something to screw into behind the wall we should be able to do it" did not give us the confidence we were hoping for.  Hoping someone has a good suggestion.
2019 T@B 400 BDL
2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
Niceville, Florida

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Television mounts on the are based on the VESA Mounting Standard.  You would just need to figure out where the appropriate wall bracket would attach.  I bet one of the 400 owners can show you how it looks  Here are the Amazon examples.
    And some "reviews" for a bunch of different ones.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Since all side panels are made the same, there should be a framework inside the wall from that manufacturer that you can screw into. 

Send an email to Creed and his helper at tech@nucamprv.com and ask him the measurements for exactly where the factory line places the TV mount at the foot of the bed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Verna said:
    Since all side panels are made the same, there should be a framework inside the wall from that manufacturer that you can screw into. 

Send an email to Creed and his helper at tech@nucamprv.com and ask him the measurements for exactly where the factory line places the TV mount at the foot of the bed. 
    Thanks Verna
    Just did.  Then I jumped over to youtube to research this and came across a channel "Travels With Delaney" and in the video I watched he was talking about an over the air antenna.  At one point he pulled his TV out and I quickly saw the mount is basically centered about the small opening on the countertop where the TV cables come out.  Just need to know what the measurement from the countertop to the center of the mount is. 

2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Blueespy, on my 2019, the cables came up in the corner next to the glass. That way the cables went straight down behind the corner piece to follow the bundle of wires that goes along the inside of the front panel under the bed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The Delany TaB 400 was a 2018 model.  I can get the measurements tomorrow.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Denny16 said:
    The Delany TaB 400 was a 2018 model.  I can get the measurements tomorrow.
    cheers

Thank you.  My t@b 400 bdl is a Apr 2019 production model.  Def appreciate the assistance
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The TV Mount should be the same, no worries...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Update - mounted our TV today.  Only used two of the four bolts.  Pattern for four was too wide for the support in the wall.  I used a STUD finder to help and after measuring three times to make sure the TV wasn't too high, too about 20-mins once we started drilling.  Added some no slip tape to the step and tomorrow we'll be doing some minor stuff in the bathroom.  When parked if we have poor cell reception, I put up our weboost antenna; connecting it via the clamp on our fork storage tub.  Run the cable through the window but wife hates that.  Been wondering if there is any access under the trailer in front where I could feed the wire with minimal hassle.  I would even consider drilling a small hole and using a rubber plug when we don't have to run the antenna cable. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    Your trailer plug runs to a distribution box behind the spare, with wires that enter the trailer that go to the battery.  Trace that and you can probably follow that route.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
    Horigan said:
    Your trailer plug runs to a distribution box behind the spare, with wires that enter the trailer that go to the battery.  Trace that and you can probably follow that route.

Thank you.  I'll check it tomorrow
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Has anyone installed an adapter or wedge on the VESA mount to tilt the TV downward? I find it extremely uncomfortable (at best) to lay in the bed of our 400 BDL and attempt to watch anything on TV. I have done some searching on this forum, the internet, and also Amazon and I have not come up with results that I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC