Options

External Propane Connection for Blackstone Grill

We'll be picking up a 2020 T@B 320 S next week and would like to have some accessories ready ahead of time. What I can't find here or elsewhere online is if the 2020 320S has an external propane connection for my Blackstone grill. I think the CS model does, but not sure about the S. Can someone let me know if it does or do I need to put a "Y" splitter at the tank? Thanks.

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    The quick connect propane port was part of the 2021 models.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    The quick connect propane port was part of the 2021 models.
    In an unrelated post I found someone saying that about the 2020 S model also, but can’t confirm it.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @AnOldUR, the quick disconnect is on the 2021 T@B 320, not the 2020, just as @Sharon_is_SAM stated.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    And be aware that the quick connect gas line is already pressure regulated, so it is 'low pressure'...If the grill you want to use has a built in regulator, you'll want to remove and convert it to a quick connect fitting, or you'll not have enough gas pressure for the grill to operate correctly.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    ChrisFix said:
    And be aware that the quick connect gas line is already pressure regulated, so it is 'low pressure'...
    Previous owner did a few mods, but I won't know for sure if it has a propane connection until after taking possession. Thinking I'll end up putting a "Y" connector after the nuCamp regulator and adding a disconnect. I'll then use a non-regulated line feeding the Blackstone grill.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    If you put a Y connector after the nuCamp regulator wouldn't that be a regulated line?

I use a splitter at the tank to feed unregulated propane to my Weber Q. After a few years of this I noticed the flame wasn't getting very high. Upon disassembling of the Q's regulator I found it full of an oily brown liquid.

Some sources suggest this substance originates from the tank, but others say it leaches from some types of flexible hoses when used with an unregulated propane source. Just something to be aware of depending on how you decide to fuel your Blackstone. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG said:
    If you put a Y connector after the nuCamp regulator wouldn't that be a regulated line?
    I purchased a gas line from Amazon that came with the fitting to attach to my Blackstone grill with no regulator in-line. That connector will also fit many other propane devices.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Ahhh, now I get it. You are using a regulated propane source, but you are using the T@B's regulator, not the original Blackstone regulator. Sounds like a good set up!

2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Tried to cover all the bases. The hose and elbow adapter above for connecting to a regulated source. A regulated tank connection with a quick disconnect to use with any unregulated tank. These are in addition to the regulated adapter for small tanks that came with the Blackstone griddle. I also picked up an adapter allowing me to connect the trailers gas line to a small tank as an emergency measure if the big tank runs out.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Where and how did you attach the new connector downstream from the T@B's regulator? I'd consider doing something like this for my Weber Q to help combat the oil leaching I described above. As of now I'm relying on a Mr Heater filter on the Q's regulator.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited March 2021
    ScottG said:
    Where and how did you attach the new connector downstream from the T@B's regulator?
    The previous owner had done a lot of mods, so we had hoped that our 2020 T@B 320S had an external port. We just brought it home and the cold plus snow have kept me from doing much. There is a three way splitter after the regulator. Assuming they go to the Alde, stove and fridge. I’m wondering if the Boondocks have a different manifold with an additional port or if I’ll need to replace this one?

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Thanks, AnOldUR. That might be a mod added by the previous owner. My 2015 certainly doesn't have that--not sure if it was something added in later models but I don't think so. Looks like a good solution, though.

The hose from my regulator runs to an iron pipe under the T@B from which flexible lines to the stove, fridge, and Alde branch off. I wonder if I could incorporate such a splitter to also feed my Q.

Those of you with new (2021?) models having the auxiliary propane port, can you describe how and where it is connected into the system?
    2015 T@B S