Alde Flow - No constant hot water (Solved)

LammyWinnLammyWinn Member Posts: 26
Ok...so in Dec, I spent 3 days figuring out the hot water and heat issue on our trailer. Once I adjusted, changed the fuses, and attached a pipe; everything worked smoothly for our 3 week trip to Arlington from CA. 

This weekend (today) I took the trailer on a short trip to test things out again. And lone and behold there’s no hot water after 5 minutes of showering. I checked the fuse and the “adjustment” to the mixing valve from @ChrisFix suggestion from when I first experience this issue and there’s still only periodic luke warm water. What is wrong with our Alde Flow system?? I can hear the Alde come on and the heat works...just not the hot water. 

Currently tried boost, waited 5 minutes and still nothing. Turn it to 2kW and still nothing. Read the manual and searched the forum. What am I missing here? 2021 T@B400 BD Alde Flow issue.

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It could be a few things:
    1. How long did you let the water warm up before using?

2.  Is the pump set to continuous or thermostat? (Alde settings)

3. What number is the mixing valve set to?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• LammyWinnLammyWinn Member Posts: 26
    1. Waited 1hr for water to warm up.
    2. Pump is set to thermostat on the Alde setting. 
    3. The mixing valve is set to 3 clicks from Max. When it was at Max...it was scalding. 
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    It takes more than five minutes, especially on electric. Propane has ability to produce almost 3x the BTU as electric even on the double element setting.

You can go into the service mode on your panel and see what the current glycol and water temps are, max on the water is around 180f. The boost mode only stays active for 30 minutes. What I usually do before taking a shower is boost for 30 minutes and that gets the water to max, then set it for boost again and take shower.

Not sure if you have tried indexing the mixing valve or not, but that is needed on almost all tabs coming off the line, they set them low on purpose so you don't burn yourself.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    edited February 2021
    It takes more than five minutes
    Sorry typo from iPhone. I waited an hour and tried to use it and 5 minutes luke warm to blazing cold.
     You can go into the service mode on your panel and see what the current glycol and water temps are, max on the water is around 180f. The boost mode only stays active for 30 minutes. What I usually do before taking a shower is boost for 30 minutes and that gets the water to max, then set it for boost again and take shower.

I will give that a try. 30 minute boost. Then shower on boost. 

Thank you

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    @LammyWinn - just to confirm - you did the full adjustment of the mixing valve that involved loosening the screw on top of the cap?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @LammyWinn - just to confirm - you did the full adjustment of the mixing valve that involved loosening the screw on top of the cap?
    Yes. Had to remove the screws under the bed and adjusted the mixing valve. 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    @LammyWinn - sorry to beat a dead horse, but I am still not sure if you adjusted the valve beyond just turning it.  It involves popping the black cap off the valve, then turning.  That is what I am referencing.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2021
    @LammyWinn - sorry to beat a dead horse, but I am still not sure if you adjusted the valve beyond just turning it.  It involves popping the black cap off the valve, then turning.  That is what I am referencing.  
    Yup I took out that little screw on top of the black knob, lifted the knob and turn it several clicks, tested the heat...then turned it several more clicks to my desired heat, replaced the knob and screw. I followed @ChrisFix post and the photos and instructions given. Pretty sure it was adjusted. And I checked it again yesterday. 
  • rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited February 2021
    @LammyWinn - the post now reads "Solved". What was the fix? 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
    rhyno said:
    @LammyWinn - the post now reads "Solved". What was the fix? 
    I used @N7SHG_Ham suggestion on using boost, wait 30, then boost again when I’m showering. It was perfect. Got a nice warm 20+ minute continuous shower. 
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Glad that worked. You can maybe shortern that first 30 minutes, just watch the water temp in service mode, once at 180f or thereabouts, it isn't going to get hotter. I watch it, but generally hit the boost, do other things and about 1/2 hour later reset the boost mode and then shower. Using gas as mentioned definitely gives more BTU output and you can have a quite comfortable shower.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite