Options

What to put on the pretty rack up front?

DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
edited February 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
On the 2021 320S boondocks there are is an aluminum platform... what do you put on yours?

I'm particularly interested in solutions that can carry hoses, fitting, block... the messier side of trailering. And lockable too if possible.

Thanks for the ideas.

...Doug
...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @DougWW - the aluminum platform is very attractive.  I searched “platform storage” and came up with this.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/search?Search=Platform+storage
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 43
    I searched for platform storage options for a year and came up with a decent solution, but a posting in the Nucamp owners Facebook group shows the nicest option I've seen, wish I'd seen it first but alas I didn't.  The photos are from the Facebook group option and the business card is where to order from, I think the price was around $500 for both - everyone says the company is delightful to work with and responsive, with shipping same week.
    Here's the link to my solution, around $300:  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/12807/adding-tongue-storage-to-2021-320-cs-s#latest
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have used the Frontrunner Wolf and Cub pack boxes with their Strachit straps. They are not lockable, but I don't see people stealing with or tampering with the type of stuff you mention, honestly. 

I don't love the diamond plate look and I even prefer to leave the boxes behind, when I can because it is a cleaner look. I also don't want to have to drill into the platform because I am always looking for a better way to carry and store things. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    I give Dave Hess credit...he found a niche and relentlessly promoted on FB on the pages.  I hope the buyers got a discount for relentlessly promoting them, too!  Good for him.  Even NuCamp seems to have taken notice.  My guess is, like many things the owners come up with that work well, they will be an option.
    There are many different places for custom aluminum boxes.  I got mine from a company in Ohio that does custom sizes.  I wanted them even with the propane box.

There was a nice long thread from the many options for the tongue rack storage boxes.  Many workable solutions, many that cost much less than the aluminum types.  No matter what box you put up there, the extra storage is immensely useful.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    I totally agree with @jkjenn about the clean look, especially since I have the original plastic tub style. However, I did add a platform for practicality and I bought two Plano medium sportsman trunks in olive green. They look kind of utilitarian and cool. I tie them down with ratchet straps.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo