Borderline freezing temps - options?

We will be in a cold area at the end of next month. Averages for the month of March at the campground are a high of 54 and a low of 33F. Since we are at the end of the month we might be just fine. I am trying to figure out ahead of time how to react if gets colder than normal and the temp decides to dip from 50s in the day down to 30 or so at night. 

I would rather not winterize if at all possible but I will be prepared to do so if a more severe cold front comes through. Mostly I want to figure out how best to handle a borderline temp that is slightly below freezing at night. What do you think? Would it be ok through the night if it hits 30 or so? Is there a way to make it less likely to freeze? Dripping water in the sink, electric blanket on the exposed pipes? Open to any ideas here.
Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL

Comments

  • Tampakayaker
    Tampakayaker Member Posts: 558
    edited February 2021
    Don't hold me to it, but I think you will be fine. After all I'm in FL. :)

    If you have the ALDE running and open the cabinet/bathroom doors or maybe supplement it with a plug in heater it should stay warm enough to protect the pipes.

    Unless you get an extended period that will be below freezing, a couple of hours of 30 degree temps really shouldn't permeate that much into the T@B or even the undercarriage.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,035
    Keep your water tank full because it takes a long time to freeze a larger volume.  If it is just dipping down below freezing and not sustained, no worries.  Keep the Alde on as Tampakayaker suggested.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • pthomas745
    pthomas745 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,662
    Always a popular topic. Thread here with lots of embedded links to other threads on suggestions.

    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • TRob
    TRob Member Posts: 54
    Don't hold me to it, but I think you will be fine. After all I'm in FL. :)

    Same here. Sarasota. This cold weather thing is not something we normally deal with! lol
    Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL
  • Denny16
    Denny16 Member Posts: 5,430
    I get low temps in the low 30s at night often. We have the Alde on low, no freezing issues at all. 
    Cheers


    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • RFraer
    RFraer Member Posts: 92

    I keep a digital thermometer in my 400 when it is in storage that records the interior high & low temperatures. I live in SC and we have had lows down to 24 degrees F at night but it is always above freezing during the day. The lowest it got in the camper according to the thermometer is 32.5F.