Options

Scizzor jack for when you can't get dolly wheel off

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Jenn - I have my spare mounted on the side of the frame so even though I can remove the Jack, the spare gets in the way (I installed the Jack before moving the spare) - I can get into the back but can't open the window much - but, by angling the TV, I can open the back all the way which I wouldn't be able to do if the Jack was still there...

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks, PXL! Are the spacers between the donut and the trailer frame? Were mountable to use the same bolts or did you have to get longer ones?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - Yes, between the donut and the frame. Had to raise it as it didn't sit nice on those other bolts. Can't remember how many washers I used but once you lay the donut down you can measure. Pretty sure I got longer bolts also - even if not needed. I make one trip to the hardware store and make sure I'm covered even if in the end I didn't need the extras - nuts/bolts = cheap. Another trip to the hardware store = irritation :-)
  • Options
    DennisHemingwayDennisHemingway Member Posts: 37
    I keep 2 short pieces of 2X4 in TV and Drive onto them to raise it enough to drop the wheel. 2013 LG T@B.

2015 Jeep Cherokee tow Vehicle. 

Barstow, CA

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    jkjenn said:
    Replacing the jack was the first thing I had to do to my T@b (due to my own stupidity.) It was extremely simple, so if a better jack stand comes out, that should be an easy mod for everyone.
    Hi Jkjenn, I am needing to replace the jack stand on my 2013 Tab and will be ordering one.  Is there a particular "type" I need to order?  I don't think I need a jack e up, I've never had trouble with enough clearance to get the wheel off plus I have a scissor jack just in case I do.  I don't want to order the wrong kind mount-wise, etc.  Any recommendations?
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - Here's the Jack-E-Up photos I said I'd take...Sequence is unhooking...

5: Jack up to unhook, pull TV out of the way and jack to level...

Where did you get that spare tire carrier?
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    Marine/boat dealer - Kind of a standard boat trailer tire mount. Think eTrailer carries them online also.