Options

Alde 3020 Control Panel

In our first real world test of the Alde heater running on propane I noticed two things I did not understand.  The symbol shown in the upper right hand corner of the display (see photo) appeared some of the time while the heater was on but not always. I looked through the Alde manual but could not find an explanation for that symbol.
Also with our Alde system set on the high altitude mode the little mountain symbol shows up but always blinks on and off (hence it does not show in the photo).  The manual does not mention blinking as being normal nor abnormal. 
Any insights would be appreciated.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
SW Colorado

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    For one question, from manual; ACTIVATING INSTALLED FUNCTIONS

Don't some T@B400 come with the optional extra water flow tank?
    Check if your install has one, symbol could mean Adle set incorrect for installation or it's telling you extra hot water tank is ready.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    edited March 2021
    For
    From memory believe it does flash.
    Seem to remember also being concerned about flashing when I first used that function. But it's been over 18-months since I've done any cool weather high elevation camping so memory is weak.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    Yes the thermometer symbol shows up when you've told the system you have the alde flow installed.  Your 2021 400 has the flow so that symbol is normal.  If you go into the settings and page down there is a button for accessories and you will see that the flow has a green check by it.  I also believe the mountain flashes on and off but it's been a while since I've turned ours on and can't completely confirm.  But I do think it is normal.  If you go to the Alde home page there is a control panel simulator that you can also play around with on your computer to see the different features and functions. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    Okay thanks so much. I'll check out that simulator on the Alde home page.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    So this clearly not the right place for this but I need help with my 2014 T@B Alde. It doesn’t not have all the fancy signs of the new ones. Very simple: on/off electric, on/off propane, on water and heat or just heat and then temp in 3,0, 4,5 0 being optimal.  I just winterized using the blowout method so I could use the Alde. Now it does work the little red light labeled G doesn’t come one. I am connected to shore power snd propane and have checked all the fuses. It’s cold in in here. I need help!
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited October 2021
    So this clearly not the right place for this but I need help with my 2014 T@B Alde. It doesn’t not have all the fancy signs of the new ones. Very simple: on/off electric, on/off propane, on water and heat or just heat and then temp in 3,0, 4,5 0 being optimal.  I just winterized using the blowout method so I could use the Alde. Now it does work the little red light labeled G doesn’t come one. I am connected to shore power snd propane and have checked all the fuses. It’s cold in in here. I need help!
    @Lisamorrisette - let’s address your issue on the other thread:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14430/troubleshooting-the-alde-3010-with-analog-control-panel

In the meantime, have you seen page 17 of the 3010 Alde Manual?
      https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/iz/x9ylh4kf7fz5.pdf

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio