Options

Troubleshooting the Alde 3010 with Analog Control Panel

Comments

• Options
    LisamorrisetteLisamorrisette Member Posts: 44
    So the discussion here confirms that if you use the blowout method snd do not get the pink stuff in the water heater you can run the Alde. So that’s what I did now the heating doesn’t work and it’s cold 35 and going down. I checked all the fuses they are good. I’m connected to shore power snd the propane is on. I just had Nucamp switch out the glycol this spring. Now when I really need it no heat. Mine is a 2014 so no bypass valve snd a rats nest of hoses. The controller is the older model which has a red light that usually comes on when the system is working but is not coming on now. I’m at my wits end. Last year I took it out once in cold weather and the same thing happened. Any suggestions?
    Furbug 2014 T@B S - TV Toyota RAV
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,649
    What fuses did you check?  The fuses on the Alde unit itself?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Two tube like fuses on Alde and in the box I checked the 4th down (I think?) in another post on fuses that one was identified as connected to the Alde.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    The little red light on the old style analog control panel is a fault indicator. It should NOT come on when the system is working normally.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    You probably have an error to clear, so try the "12V Reset".
    Turn the Alde off.  Unplug the trailer from shore power.  Turn off the battery switch ( if you have one) or take the battery fuse out of the little holder on the battery.  Wait a few minutes.  Turn the switch back on, or put the fuse back in...and try the Alde again.
    In this thread, the "reset" procedure is covered.  There is another way to "reset" the Alde by just taking out the 12V cable that is between the two fuses, if that is more convenient or easier for you. 
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    So great campers next to me lent me a small heater🙏 Since I clearly can’t depend on the Alde, which I think is great, my next stop is to buy a small propane heater and maybe an electric for emergency use. Gosh I’m becoming a s
  • Options
    Thank yo I will try in the morning. So when you say turn off the Alde that at the controller panel. Then disconnect from shore power and use the battery disconnect in the front tub on the battery. Sorry if I sound like I don’t know what I’m doing but I don’t. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    edited October 2021
    @Lisamorrisette - is the Alde plugged into the 120v outlet under the bench?

(You may know this, but it is important to turn off the Alde before disconnecting power.  This will prevent a power surge and blown Alde fuses the next time you plug in.)

1.  To turn the Alde off completely, the sliders should be at A, E and H.  
    2.  Next, unplug from shorepower.  
    3.  Next, you need to eliminate the battery power flowing to the Alde, so, if you don’t have a battery switch to turn off (they did not come with the standard 2014 model), pull the fuse from the green fuse holder at the battery.

4.  Wait a few minutes, then return the battery fuse or turn on the battery switch, then reconnect to shorepower.

5.  Turn on the Alde and wait for heat.  Use both propane and electric for a speedier warm up.

If this doesn’t work, I would replace the Alde fuses and the fuse box fuse even if it looks normal.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Will the Alde run on just electric?
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    @Mona, yes, the Alde will run on shore power alone.  If you mean will the Alde run on "just battery", it doesn't.  When not on shore power it uses propane, but needs a little battery power to run the fans/control panels, etc.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @pthomas745 Yes I am aware of this. I’m having an issue with Alde and propane and the red light also. Works fine when on shore power alone, but throw propane into the mix, it’s a no go. That’s why I asked. 
  • Options
    I see!  In this "old" thread, the red light is associated with either a "low battery" condition, or failure of the propane to get to the Alde: not turned on, etc.  If your battery is ok, and the propane, too, the fix is the same: reset the 12V to the Alde by turning off power to the trailer.  Sharon_is_Sam listed the steps to take in the comment above.

2017 Outback
  • Options
    @pthomas745 In my case, I’ve tried all the resetting recommendations to no availability. Most likely a sensor or fan issue for mine. It tries to ignite 3 times before I get the red light. I can smell the propane by the vent outside while attempting to fire up. I can hear the fan start to run then shut off, then I can hear the igniter, so I don’t think it’s the igniter. Yes, have propane and propane is turned on. Battery is fully charged.  Does this whether on shore power or battery power. 
  • Options
    @mona If you don't think it is the igniter, the fan is easy to remove and check, or even replace.  In this thread, there is a discussion about how to remove the fan and check it out.  (There was a small insect in this owner's fan!)  Another owner in the thread simply removed the fan, had a look at it, reinstalled, and everything worked, so maybe a connection worked loose.
    The videos don't seem to work, however.  There is a service manual for the Alde 3010 in the files here that shows how to open the hatch to find the fan.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/12891/alde-exhaust-fan-troubleshooting-and-removal-videos#latest

2017 Outback
  • Options
    Here is the comment from the owner who took out the fan and found the culprit.  The fan is simple to remove:
    "With the fan itself, all you have to do is remove 1 cable and 4 screws and you can lift it right out."

2017 Outback
  • Options
    @pthomas745 Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon and PThomas. 
    The reset did the trick. I believe this is the second time this has happened, the first time I took it to NuCamp and they said everything was fine, but then they had removed the battery and remounted it so that would have been a hard reset. Not sure why this keeps happening as I am careful to turn off the Alde before the propane—don’t usually have shore power. But at least I know it’s an easy fix. 
    Here is another question—when I turn on when it’s winterized I only switch it to B and F and leave it on H as I am not heating water—is that correct?
     Thanks 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    edited October 2021
    When winterized and not using water, on shorepower use D for both elements (B or C for only one of the elements) and when using propane select F.   (Edited:  See Scott’s H explanation below!)

Not sure if you have this:

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    Here is another question—when I turn on when it’s winterized I only switch it to B and F and leave it on H as I am not heating water—is that correct?
     Thanks 
    @Lisamorrisette,  if you want cabin heat--regardless of whether you are winterized or not, or what heat source you have selected--you need to set the third slider on "I" or the unit will not operate.

Think of "H" as OFF, "I" as engaging both the heaters and the circulator pump, and "J" as activating only the heaters.  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Aha! Theron lies the problem. Thanks!
  • Options
    Oh and thanks for the diagram and instructions I only had instructions for digital and my control panel doesn’t even have the letters just the symbols sort of hard to sort out some of the great advice. All in time for another chilly fall trip.
  • Options
    Thanks 🙏🏽