Options

Does the 2021 400 have the sewer hose storage?

I’ve seen videos showing off the long cylindrical sewer hose compartment on the 400, but forgot to look when I was there in person to confirm the 2021 model has this feature?

Can anyone please confirm / deny thanks!
(2021 400 BD specifically)

Comments

• Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    It does not. Store the slinky in the front tub or BYO storage solution. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    No the 2021 400 does not have a sewer storage pipe/compartment anywhere on the trailer like the old ones did.  However with the new tongue box there is a space in there where you can store it.  I keep two 10' lengths of sewer hose there along with all my other outside things.  There is a nice metal lip in the box that keeps them secure.  It works real well.  I actually like this set up better than an enclosed tube.  It allows for nice airflow when moving to dry things out in my opinion.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    Hmm where a folks mounting the Valterra type storage on the 400 I wonder?

Wife doesn’t like the idea of the sewer hose stowing with other items we might want in the tub (and I think I agree w her)
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    I really think you'll be surprised with how it stores in the tongue box.  Tucks down in the bottom rear held in with the aluminum lip.  And as long as you flush it out you're good.  Don't put it away dirty.  I've never had a smell or any concerns, especially with the air flow in there, vs being in a sealed tube.  I have a 5 gallon bucket in the box that holds hoses and all sorts of other odds and ends.  I also keep my lynx levers and chocks and locks in there. It works well keeping everything separate.  But if not for you it may be possible to mount some sort of tube under the frame near the tongue.   
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    That's my plan as well - the Valterra 34-60" adjustable carrier fits the Rhinoflex 15' hose perfectly and can be mounted under the tongue.  I measured it needs to be extended to 53" in order to fit the hose with end caps, elbow, and adapter. Just haven't installed it yet - waiting for warmer weather..

• Options
    Oh man @TomCanada FTW 🙌 that is exactly what I was wondering, thank you!
  • Options
    LeahFooLeahFoo Member Posts: 1
    I always put mine in a clear locking under bed, flat long, Tupperware container.  I keep the rino and black water hose together in that.  When camping pull out and store container under camper.  Easy and cheap! 
  • Options
    @TomCanada did you do this install yet? Doesn't seem to fit along the tongue of the trailer.. womp womp  :|
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Try across the front behind the spare tire, going from side to side.  I have seen this install done.  If you do not want the hose on its own in the front tub, you can always get a water proof zip up bag to put the sewer hose, and flush hose and associated fittings in.  This would isolate the server hose and bits from the rest of the cargo in the tub.  I did this, and it stands up in the back area, out of the way.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @kbdigitiqe I haven't done this one yet - it's in the queue for probably a couple week from now (it's still hovering in the single digits Celsius / 40s Fahrenheit here most days - have been waiting for some warmer weather).  But I did measure it up and it *should* fit as others have done this mod - how long did you extend the carrying tube when trying to mount it?
  • Options
    My issue is that the “skirt” around the bottom of the aluminum tub platform obstructs the pipe from being able to sit flush against the steel beam 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    One thing I did with my 50’ ( 2-25’ hoses) fresh water hoses was to store them in a kids backpack.  I found a cheap backpack at Wally, cut off the shoulder straps and store my hoses, my brass water valve and my filter in the backpack.  This sits in the front tub and works well.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @kbdigitiqe are you trying to mount to the side of the beam?  I was thinking of mounting to the bottom..
  • Options
    @kbdigitiqe I finally installed mine today - no problems - see photos below.  I did install on the side of the beam (not underneath), but I only could get the "top" holes into the side, with the "bottom" ones hanging unsecured. However, the self tapping metal screws they provided are quite tenacious and I'm confident that tube is not going anywhere. Just to be extra safe, I added a couple heavy duty UV safe nylon cable ties, looped around for extra support.  The photos show my 15" Rhinoflex with adapter which all fit nice and neat into the tube. Tight fit but it all makes it in!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    @TomCanada - We installed the sewer hose holder on our CSS frame and only used the top holes, too.  Secured with cable ties like yours.  It remains secure after 4 years.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Thanks @TomCanada but what year is your camper? Doesn’t seem to have the entire aluminum platform that ours does? Good work though looks like it will be great   

If you look there is a metal angled piece coming down that blocks the horizontal part of the tongue on our 2021 400 BD

• Options
    @kbdigitiqe Mine's a 2021, but I didn't get the Boondock version.  I got the standard edition and upgraded to include solar panels.  It didn't seem worth it to go full-Boondock which my dealer was charging an extra $3000 for and would've just gotten me the aluminum platform, different entry step & handle, and pitched axle.  Saved that for misc. upgrades :)  

But I see what you're saying now..  What I might consider is to use some metal washers/spacers between the sewer tube and the frame so that you clear that aluminum skirting.