Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    😳
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Say what?  The wood ceiling of my T@B is absolutely gorgeous.  I go to great lengths to protect it.  The factory wall coverings are comfortably neutral and subtle.  Why would anyone want to change them?  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    @Tabaz - the 2021 320 decor has changed.  The walls and ceiling are now a stark white.  Not sure if they changed the actual product that was used or not, so probably some kind of thin vinyl wallpaper.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NursejoeNursejoe Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.  4ncar...I have no idea what the emoji means?  Tabaz...the simple answer is, because I want to!!!  Sharon...thanks, I'm aware that the 2021 has a new interior, just not sure how that's relevant. Not to be trite, but the question remains an easy one, "has anyone painted the inside of their 320?"
  • Options
    Nursejoe - forgive my ignorance about the new interiors!  Looks like you'll be breaking new ground if you do decide to paint.  One concern would be painting over any silicone caulk on the seams.
  • Options
    Indeed yes, some are paintable some are not. that is one of the reasons for my post...learn from other's mistakes =). I'm 74 and have been modifying cars, boats, travel trailers etc. for most of my life. For whatever reason "stock" just doesn't work for me. I am an avid camper, rafter etc., I still ride my snowboard (even at my advanced age) so I will probably go for a more industrial, technical, expeditionary look. But it's just mostly fun for me. At my age fun is what I'm most interested in. Thanks for responding! 
  • Options
    @Nursejoe - I addressed my comment to Tabaz.  He was describing a previous rendition of the TaB and I was explaining the new bright, white interior.  I can understand why you would like to add some color.  
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited January 2022
    All you need to do, is give the panel you want to paint, a light sanding, cover with a good quality primer and paint with the color of your choice.  I would avoid house interior paints, and use coatings designed for exterior or boat interiors.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon, I appreciate the positivity! Denny16, thanks I understand your point and I totally agree with your paint assessment. I will have to review what I used on our Beneteau 32 sailboat. I can contact Nucamp about which silicone they use. If I am correct, 100% is not paintable, while acrylic is, or at least that has been my experience. I am also considering vinyl wrap. I have used some on several car projects. It's pretty cool to work with once you get the hang of it.
  • Options
    Nursejoe - Jenn has done some really cool interior mods to her previous and current 320. Very “Expeditionary.” I hope the moderators can post her links for your review.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    @AldebaranJill painted hers. She hasn't been here in a while, let's see if this works to summon her. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    Marceline said:
    @AldebaranJill painted hers. She hasn't been here in a while, let's see if this works to summon her. 

I am summoned!

Yes, I painted my interior (2013) with normal interior latex, no priming, Totally fine and no issues at all, been about 4 years now I think. Very happy I got rid of the ugly off white generic walls. 
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    I didn't know we can "summon" a response from other forum members!  Way to go Marceline!!!  And thank you Aldebaran for responding.  Please post some photos of your interior paint work.
  • Options
    I hereby "Summon" TonyD to post something (anything really).  In the past, he's posted some very interesting mods.  Haven't seen anything from him recently.  
  • Options
    @Tabaz - the “summoning” is done by adding an “@“ directly in front of the member’s name.  They receiving either a pop up or email notification.  
  • Options
    TinkTink Member Posts: 28
    @Nursejoe I hope you will share pictures when you are done restyling your t@b. Sounds like it could be a unique decor. 😊
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @Nursejoe: 😳= shock & horror. But I suppose i figured we were talking about the natural wood tones, and not plain white, as I was corrected.  Silicone won’t take paint, but acrylic will.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    @Nursejoe,
    I like the way you think. Remember:

"The more freedom people have,
    the more they tend to look like each other"

WilliamA
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind responses.

4ncar, you are correct, we are talking the older interior, so I suppose you can return to shock and horror. But keep in mind that someone at the factory decided what the interior should look like. Just someone's opinion, nothing more. Frankly, I think I'm a better designer...just an opinion, nothing more.

WilliamA, THANKS...I am fully aware that I'm not like everyone else, and I'm quite comfortable with that. I have made it to 74 by doing things my way...no point in stoping now. Thanks again for the reenforcement!!!!!!!!!

Tink, Thanks... will do
  • Options
    ScooterpieScooterpie Member Posts: 2
    @Nursejoe, Did you ever get to painting your interior?  I have a 2018 320 and it is beige beige beige.  I like the clean minimalism of the 2022 and am dying to paint the interior.  I'm wondering what your results were and if you used an all acrylic or nautical paint?  
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    Another less permanent option is to put up peel and stick wallpaper.  We did a small portion of our 400 with some and it is holding up great.  We did the front dinette wall and may do the bedroom area later this year.  I imagine it would adhere to the ceiling too. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    I too like the way you think @Nursejoe!  We've been thinking the same way and wanting to change the color scheme, or should I say "colorless" scheme.  I've been slowly changing the cabinet faces out for solid cherry in my 2015 and a paint job is in the design process.
    I'll be interested in hearing/seeing how your remodel turns out!
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Did anyone find out how the tongue and grove wood was put on the ceiling of the 320? I saw pics of it just recently on the forum-just not sure where. The owner had colorful walls in the bathroom and wood on the ceiling. Was so pretty! 
    M
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    @xdr - “The ceiling is 1/4" Plywood cut 2 1/4" wide, painted white and nailed and spaced to the ceiling to look like shiplap. I have a video on YouTube under the search alcozome.”