Options

Fresh Tank/Winterize

Perhaps this has been covered before, but I couldn’t find it. I have the Tab 320 Nautilus system.

If I don’t use the fresh water tank or shower, and hook up to city water only, can I then winterize by just draining the low point lines, blowing out the lines at the city water inlet, then adding antifreeze to the sink drain and toilet? Is it possible to winterize without getting antifreeze into the fresh tank (I already know its non toxic). Thanks.
2021 Tab 320 BD; Honda Passport

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,527
    Just FYI:  The Nautilus system “winterize” valves bypass the fresh water tank so no antifreeze enters the tank.  The antifreeze is sucked up by the pump into the pipes only as long as the Alde bypass valve is turned to bypass.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PongPong Member Posts: 39
    Thanks Sharon_is_SAM. The camper is still winterized (air method) from the factory, so Alde is bypassed. Sorry to be dense, but just to be clear, if I connect to city water, then winterize via Nautilus and “the antifreeze is sucked up by the pump into the pipes”, the fresh tank is clear of antifreeze as well as the Alde?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,527
    Yes as long as you remember to turn the large red Alde bypass valve.  You can winterize using this method even if you used the fresh water tank - you just need to remember to drain the fresh water and Alde tanks and bypass the Alde. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PongPong Member Posts: 39
    Many, many thanks to you, Sharon_is_SAM. You are among my gurus of Tabdom.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2021
    Also blowing the water lines out with air and adding some RV antifreeze to the drains to get into the outside tank train valve will work, no need to pump antifreeze into the pipes, just leave,the faucets turned on halfway after blowing them out.  Any residual water left in the nope may freeze in really cold weather, but as the pipe is full of air, and vented through the nope faucet, not pipes should crack from expansion (it takes a pipe full of water to do that). 

After all, this is how nüCamp ships the trailers, using air to blow out the waterlines and drained tanks.  I did this this past winter, worked great.  But again, I am not in a hard freeze area.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.