Options

A shower curtain?

Going through the manual package on a 2021 T@B 320S BD and we find a nice crisp white piece of cloth with snaps. Searching further we find snaps around the inside if the bathroom door. 

This is new. We assume the bathroom door is either not water proof or does not seal. Any thoughts?

thanks.    Doug. 
...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    The cloth with snaps was added to prevent the bathroom door from hitting the TaB ceiling.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    The cloth with snaps was added to prevent the bathroom door from hitting the TaB ceiling.
    Hi Sharon,
    Perhaps it's late for me but I'm not getting this... the cloth goes on the inside of the door. The door opens outward toward the sink. How would that stop a door from hitting the ceiling. We don't seem to have that problem, but I will double check the next time we see it.

I could see the cloth allowing you to shower without closing the door... might be nicer in some humidity conditions or on hot days.

We just spent 4 nights in the new trailer and are very impressed with most of the changes. I should write a review for the community comparing the 2018 to the 2021.

Thanks for the comments.
    ...Doug

• Options
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I had seen a previous post that mentioned the cloth, and it was supposed to be used to protect the door while showering?
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    I have seen posts on the door hitting ceiling in the past, but forgot all about that. I will check when we see the trailer next.

Thanks again.

...Doug

• Options
    William_KeeverWilliam_Keever Member Posts: 37
    @DougWW, I think the concern is that the door is shorter than it used to be, and it is not tall enough to keep all water in the shower area.  NuCamp had to shorten the door to keep it from hitting the ceiling just above the sink area. Therefore, they installed the shower curtain to keep water in the shower area. Or at least that’s my take on it. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    Doug’s original question was:
     “ Going through the manual package on a 2021 T@B 320S BD and we find a nice crisp white piece of cloth with snaps. Searching further we find snaps around the inside if the bathroom door. 
    This is new. We assume the bathroom door is either not water proof or does not seal. Any thoughts?”

Short answer is, yes, it is a shower curtain to go over the inside of the door to,prevent splashing out over the top or leaks at the bottom of the door.    The washroom Door is not watertight.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Doug’s original question was:
     We assume the bathroom door is either not water proof or does not seal. Any thoughts?”

Short answer is, yes, it is a shower curtain to go over the inside of the door to,prevent splashing out over the top or leaks at the bottom of the door.    The washroom Door is not watertight.
    Cheers
    Just what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

...Doug

• Options
    Okay, I've visited the T@B and the bathroom door doesn't hit the ceiling. When fully open it is about the same height as the top of the front cupboards. The shower curtain is on the inside and the door opens outward, so they would never touch.

Looks like NuCamp is improving on the fly. Much appreciated.
    ...Doug

• Options
    Yes, they do make changes throughout a model year as things turn up.