Options

Squeaky door

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited April 2021 in Tips & Tricks
To nuCamp's credit, the entry door hinges are good and tight. So tight that I cannot seem to be able to lube out a squeaky hinge. I've tried silicone spray but no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion? 
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Dry lube (Teflon) works well for me and it doesn’t attract dirt/dust since it dries dry. Might be worth a shot. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited April 2021
    No love with Teflon. I can't seem to get anything to penetrate into the actual hinge joint. It's really tight.  Is there any way to pop the caps on the hinge to pull the pin and clean it? It seems like they should pry off but I don't want to force it and break anything.

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @rhyno, check the door label to see if it is a Challenger door and what series it is (mine is an 820 series.)  If so, maybe contact the manufacturer to see what they recommend.  I just checked their site trying to find an answer for you.  They do not have a "search" function for their site, but here is a link to their product installation downloads.  Scroll down and there are some videos.  There are two "hinge replacement" videos, but nothing I saw re servicing the hinges.  However, maybe you will find something helpful, if only just their contact info.  Good luck!

https://www.challengerdoor.com/guides/
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I believe, Challenger only makes the doors for the smaller nüCamp TaB 320 series and the TaG teardrop trailers. From what I have been told, the TaB400 door is from Europe.  That said, rhyno has a TaB400.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.