Options

De-winterizing 2021 Tab 400 with Nautilus system?

We have searched the forum multiple times, but cannot find a clear description on how to de-winterize our Tab with the Nautilus system. Does anyone have a guide for this? 
I have went through the Nautilus manual closely and think I understand how to do it, but want to make sure. 

thanks
z
2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    How did you Winterize your TaB, air blow out method or RV antifreeze?  If you used the air purge method, then flush out your traps and tank drain gate valve.  Then sanitize yiur fres water tank, flush out with fresh water and Bob’s your uncle... 

If you filled your water lines with RV antifreeze, then this will be to be drained out and flushed out with water.  I suggest you hook up to a sewer connection and city water.  Set the Nautilus to City Water mode and flush out the water lines.  Open the gray tank drain.  Leave the Alde in bypass mode, to keep any anti from getting in the tanks.  Next drain the fresh water tank and flush it with several fill ups of water, switch to Water tank camping mode use and use the fresh water in the tank to flush out the water pump and it’s water lines.  The traps will get flushed out from the water draining down the sinks and shower lines.  Do not forget the outside shower and flush the toilet a few times.  Then drain the black tank.  

When RV antifreeze has been flushed from the system, sanitize your fresh water tank, drain and flush it out once more to clear the bleach solution.  Sounds more difficult than it actually is.  What you want to do is drain out all the antifreeze, flush out the water system with fresh water and you should be good to go.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @xdr - there are instructions for the 320 with Nautilus.  The same process regarding opening drains, just the valve settings will differ as the Alde bypass is “built in” to the Nautilus valves.  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13115/de-winterizing-2021-t-b-320-s#latest

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Denny16 said:
    How did you Winterize your TaB, air blow out method or RV antifreeze?  If you used the air purge method, then flush out your traps and tank drain gate valve.  Then sanitize yiur fres water tank, flush out with fresh water and Bob’s your uncle... 

If you filled your water lines with RV antifreeze, then this will be to be drained out and flushed out with water.  I suggest you hook up to a sewer connection and city water.  Set the Nautilus to City Water mode and flush out the water lines.  Open the gray tank drain.  Leave the Alde in bypass mode, to keep any anti from getting in the tanks.  Next drain the fresh water tank and flush it with several fill ups of water, switch to Water tank camping mode use and use the fresh water in the tank to flush out the water pump and it’s water lines.  The traps will get flushed out from the water draining down the sinks and shower lines.  Do not forget the outside shower and flush the toilet a few times.  Then drain the black tank.  

When RV antifreeze has been flushed from the system, sanitize your fresh water tank, drain and flush it out once more to clear the bleach solution.  Sounds more difficult than it actually is.  What you want to do is drain out all the antifreeze, flush out the water system with fresh water and you should be good to go.
    Cheers
    @Denny16    Thanks! I used the air blow out method but also added some antifreeze just to be sure. Based on what you wrote here, I think I am good to go. Very much appreciate your help here!

x
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Sharon_is_SAM  Thanks! Appreciate the link!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You are welcome, happy travels, and be safe.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.