Options

Resale value

BaoluoBaoluo Member Posts: 6
Hello! We have a deposit on a 2018 tab 400 at a local dealer...we jumped to give a deposit since in our area they are so hard to find. My wife is very excited to purchase but I am hesitant for several reasons. We’ve never towed anything. We are both large people and I am worried about the comfort of the “throne”, and if we decide in 6 months we are just not “camper” people what will our resale value look like. The dealer price is $28,999 but they have not inspected the unit yet. Can anyone help me with my concerns?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    TaBs retain their value.  Having said that, units are pricing at an all time high due to demand.  You can maybe experience camping in a cheaper priced RV and move up later.  You can’t predict what the market will do 6 months from now.  There is always the campground shower houses that are typically spacious.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    What is the month and year build, it is on the nüCamp sticker on the driver’s side of the tongue.  That said, ours was a Jan2018 build, only really used one summer for Burning Man, and had around 3,000 miles on it.  Dealer used price in California  at the time we got it just before Covid was around $24,000 to 26,000.  

If the unit you are looking at was build between Oct to Dec 2017 or Jan 2018, you could have a floor recall issue, you need to check if this unit had/has the floor issue and if it was fixed under the recall.  Not all units developed issues.  Look for uneven floor in front of washroom and by the front dinette floor area.

That said, $2899 seems a bit high, but demand and price is up right now.  Worst case you would only loose around $2,000 in resale if demand and prices drop as we go into Post Covid recovery period.  I think the price will likely stay up for the next year, as nüCamp is sold out of 2021 and 2022 models are already booked up into June/ July build dates.  However, this is just my opinion based on watching the TaB prices for the last 18 months.  A new TaB400 price is around $3900 to 42000 right now from what I have seen.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    We also have an '18.  We in particular like the "thrown" in the 400.

To make it most usable, we removed the TP holder.  Although we are average size people, I was always bumping my knee on it while sitting and my butt on it while showering.  It is much, much better without.  We just keep the TP on the shelf while moving and showering; and on the lower shelf next to the sink while parked.

It is my favorite modification of the many I have made.

Bill
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, we moved our TP holder also for better “throne” sitting experience.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited April 2021
    Maybe this will help with determining resale value of a trailer:

RV Manufacturers Prices, Comparisons and Make List | NADAguides

You'll need to scroll through the manufacturers list to find nuCamp RV.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    I did some research on this when we were shopping for our trailer. Obviously Airstream had the highest resale but nuCamp wasn’t far behind. If you can stomach the initial purchase price I think either brand will treat you well in terms of resale. Right now prices are out of control so you just have to accept that you’re going to probably be buying high. But if you’re selling a rig then maybe you’ll get more than you normally would.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road