Options

Alde 3020 Prioritization

We have our 2019 T@b 400 with the Alde 3020 plugged into shore power and the propane tank on.  We have the Alde propane turned on in the menu and the prioritization set to Electrical.  However, the Alde used up all of the propane and now gives a Gas Failure indication when the propane is selected on in the Alde menu.

Is it normal for the Alde to use propane for heat when the prioritization is set to electrical?
Rich
2019 T@b 400
2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
Bellingham WA

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Is the electric selected on the control panel?  If so, turn off the battery switch and confirm that you are operating on shorepower.  If you have been operating on battery, you would be heating exclusively with LPG.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    I think I had the water heater electrical not set. That explains it. Thanks!
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    Yes, when using then prioritizing option selected, both Gas and Electric options on the main menu need to be selected.  Then then with Electrical  selected as priority option, the A.de will heat with electrical, unless is gets too cold for the electrical option selected (1KW or 2KW, then gas will come on to assist in heating until selected cabin temperature is reached, the go back to electrical to maintain that heat, until is gets cooled down too much for the electrical to keep up, then gas came back on.  You can check when gas kicks in from the Alde vent on the trailer side.  When the gas comes on, you can feel hot air exhaust come out.

I tried this option whilst plugged in at home, overnight temps went down to 38-40, Alde set at 55/58 gas came in at night to get heat back up to 55/58 then shut off.  This cycled during the night, until outside temp warmed up, then the electrical selection could maintain the daytime temp selected (65F).  After a week of doing this, gas bottle was empty, Gas Failure warning came on.  So yes, you can run the gas out using this setup.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    You don’t set the water heater electrical.  How would the hot water adjustment use up the LPG.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    You don’t set the water heater electrical.  How would the hot water adjustment use up the LPG.

Good point.  I believe I had the Electrical set to zero on the main menu, which forced the heating to be done by LPG, even though I had Priority set to Electrical.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    Bellingham WA