Options

2010 T@da Gray Water Tank - Hot Water

I am looking at a 2010 T@da that is for sale. Unfortunately, when built, it did not include a hot water heater nor gray water holding tank. I haven't gone to look at it yet. There is a sink, cassette toilet and I can see a drain in the shower/terlit stall. There is no shower head. No hot water. Apparently, if you run the water in the sink, it just runs out on the ground under the camper. I assume there is a pipe from which it flows because the seller tells me you can place a portable gray tank in place.

Any of you own a T@da that can enlighten me? Is there a way to add perhaps an electric, instant hot water heater? Since they don't make these anymore, is it possible to rig up a shower in the bath?

TYIA

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @WillzTravelz, @Carolyn has a T@DA and she and Tom had it at üCamp19. She will be able to answer many of your questions. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    From the review I read, the T@Da uses a portable gray water tank, the kind on wheels, connected to the outside drain pipe.  My Kenskill had a similar setup, the trailer needed a sewer hookup or you used the portable tank.

As for hot water, a small RV tank, or the more expensive Truma tankless hot water heater could be installed, just a matter of working out where to put it and the water pipe runs.  The trailer seems to have a 22-gallon fresh water tank, and pump.

That said, the T@Da was really designed for camping with full hookups, and washroom facilities available at the campsite.  Hooking up a shower inside the toilet area requires a shower pan and drain, which the T@Da has on both floor models, according to the review here: https://www.roamingtimes.com/2009/08/01/tda-tada-small-travel-trailer/

Here is a photo showing the portable holding tank setup

Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @WillzTravelz - check out this T@da for sale here on the forum - with a shower.  So apparently it can be done.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13248/fs-2010-dutchmen-t-da-txl-13-750-obo-annapolis-md#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yes Sharon, the shower and water heater were options on the T@Da.  The review I referenced gave this info on the bathroom:
    ” Standard Bathroom Features on T@DA: Wet bath with integrated toilet, 5 Gallon cassette tank for toilet (external access), ABS-lined walls and ceiling, ABS-molded floor with drain, Prepped for optional shower, Plumbing for a 22 gallon tote-along portable sewer tank (not included), Portable tank Barker #11104 recommended – available through dealer.

“Optional Hydro Package: 6 Gallon gas/electric DSI water heater, Hot & cold water sink faucet, Shower head, Shower curtain.”

It appears the plumbing is already installed, just need to add the shower fixtures and water heater.
    cheers
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Good info. I as wondering about those features when I saw them on the unit Sharon referenced above. While a portable dump tank is a reasonable alternative, I don't see a FW tank mentioned anywhere. Seems that would severely constrain the uses of your indoor plumbing to sites where a city water hookup was available.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    There is a 22-gallon fresh water tank listed in the specifications in the review link I previously posted.  On a standard model T@Da, the only water system bits missing are the shower fittings and hot water heater, in addition to no gray holding tank option.  The hot water heater and shower fixtures are an option.
    cheers