Options

Nautilus P3 settings for Black tank flush

2»

Comments

• Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Pressure check or use test ... it is all the same ... the BTF connector was just not simply tightened up
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, and whilst a pressure check will not revel a leak here, a use check would.  This is Something the dealer should be doing as part of the delivery preparation for the trailer, prior to customer delivery.  The factory connects a pressure gauge manifold to, the closed fresh water system, and uses pressure gauges to determine if it is leaking or holding pressure.  This would not work on the black water flush line, as it will not hold enough pressure to register on the gauge.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,191
    @Denny16 I was using pressure test as a catch-all phrase of just running water through the system. If they did this they would be catching all of these loose black tank fittings. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    On a trailer of this quality, expense and who advertises that they "guarantee your product to be exceptional" each until should be tested inside and out prior to leaving the factory.  Every system to include water system, electrical, solar, appliances etc.  This is not done and should be.  

Overall our 2021 400 has been exceptional.  We had an issue with our solar system upon delivery but NuCamp took care of us on that.  So far every other system has worked as they should and we've been very happy.  Would not trade it for any other camper.  However they need a better and complete QC test of the entire unit and have it signed off on somewhere in the camper saying that all was tested.  Prior to leaving the factory. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    I wish I could say ours was exceptional but we’ve had a laundry list of (mostly) minor issues. A couple of fairly major ones too. Nucamp is standing behind it with their warranty department but it would’ve made a huge impression to get something solid from the start. But we’re choosing to try and not focus on the bad and use the camper as much as we can.

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I hear you manyman,and sorry you had so many small issues.  As for nüCamp testing of the plumbing systems with water, this is not a doable option inside the assembly line after the plumbing is completed and before the guild is completed.  Testing would need to be done on a completed trailer outside, and would require additional facilities to do this.  Perhaps someday, this type of testing could be added, but would only be needed for the gray tank flush.  The inside water line plumbing needs to be tested and fixed before the trailer is finished, when the various plumbing fittings are readily accessible.  Thus pressure testing is done on the assembly line.

Had fitted connections on the back,of,the Nautilus panel, can work loose during delivery, so they need to be rechecked by the dealer before delivery, and as a pre-delivery double check of the factory work.  The nüCamp factory can only do so much testing, and I feel the bottom line is the final dealer prep before final delivery to the customer.
    cheers

• Options
    @Denny16 I understand your points about testing water lines but I just can’t believe that fitting would come loose during shipping. If that were true then it should’ve come loose months ago after a couple of trips out after I tightened it. Same goes for the leaky kitchen sink drain. It just isn’t being scrutinized. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    I've not had any connections come loose with all the towing I've done with my 400.  If a fitting comes loose during shipping then it was not installed properly in the first place.  I fully understand there will be issues with any manufacturer.  But for what you pay for this trailer I just believe NuCamp just needs a better QC and testing of their trailers prior to shipping them out.  If they can figure out how to make such a cool trailer they can figure out how to test their trailers prior to delivery.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    @bergger Agree totally. And this is just constructive criticism. Nucamp could seriously elevate their game even higher by doing something as simple as better QC. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yes, there is always room for improvement.  I was referring to a minimally tightened fitting that may pass a quick test/inspection, coming loose dirung transit on the big hauling trailers, that bounce things around.  This is a rougher ride for the TaB than pulling it on its own wheels.
    cheers
  • Options
    PMCLARKPMCLARK Member Posts: 1
    Our black tank flush line had a loose connection on the back of the nautilus box also. Water under the bed and running under bathroom floor. First time using it and the connection was not even finger tight. NuCamp needs to train the operators doing this job. We have a 2021 T@b 400 solo boondock. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,434
    In the earlier days of the forum, owners would occasionally report leaks that traced to the threaded fitting on the back of the city water inlet located in the cavity behind the toilet. Although reaching fitting required a bit of T@B yoga, once you got your hand on it the fix was quick and easy. Threaded fittings can loosen with time and use--I now consider checking that connection as part of my spring wake-up chores.

The clever but complicated Nautilus has several such fittings, so it doesn't surprise me that at least one of them will come loose from time to time--even between assembly and delivery. Fortunately the back of the Nautilus is pretty accessible for periodic inspection and snugging as needed.

I'm not arguing against better QC, but this is a routine maintenance task that could be accomplished by even the most mechanically disinclined owner in much less time than it takes to write about it here.  ;-)   
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Exactly, Scott, after all the complaints here about this for the past year, anyone getting a new unit or putting a trailer back in service in the spring, should check all the Nautilus fittings connectors on the back of the unit.  Very accessible and easy to do.  Reminds me of an old saying, an once of prevention is better than a pound of …
    cheers
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    Denny16 said:
    Exactly, Scott, after all the complaints here about this for the past year, anyone getting a new unit or putting a trailer back in service in the spring, should check all the Nautilus fittings connectors on the back of the unit.  Very accessible and easy to do.  Reminds me of an old saying, an once of prevention is better than a pound of …
    cheers
    When I reported a leaking black flush connection a while back, I had tried finger tightening the connection. I considered using pliers but had no room to use them and did want to risk cracking the fitting. As I noted, the area is tight. I do not agree that the fittings are very accessible and easily tightened. My trailer was brand new so there wasn’t any time for the fitting to gradually have worked loose. I don’t buy that the transport from the factory to the dealer can be rough enough to loosen the fitting. NuCamp needs to make sure their fittings are properly tightened before the trailer leaves the factory. It’s not too much to ask.

I love my Tab, but I don’t work for NuCamp.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    Having read comments on this forum about leaking connections in the water system, I did look for any leaks when first dewinterizing last spring. I did not find any leaks at the time. So far so good. Any problems I had with the T@B were user errors. I can still relate to others frustrations having problems with a brand new camp trailer. Getting to our our dealer is a 300 mile round trip. Bummer.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado