Options

Lagun Table Won't Tighten for Travel

AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,278
There are many ways to prevent the table from swinging while on the road; removing it, adding a bungee cord, velcro, hook and eye .... but it would be nice to just tighten the clamp and be done with it. The problem is that no matter how much you crank down on the lever, it still swings. So, I'm out there today thinking of which of solutions to go with before our next trip, when the light bulb in my head decides to go on. I notice the cap on the end and think, "that can't be right". How is that ever going to snug up with the cap preventing the pinching action of the clamp. I take the cap off and, bingo, it works. By the way, if Lugan had simply run the saw cut another inch or so past the hole, that probably would have solved this problem.

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2021
    You could always cut another the notch in the side of the cap to align with the slit in the aluminum bracket tube.  Do this and the lick lever will tighten correctly, and Bob’s your uncle... 
    cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.