Options

Leveling front to back

nancyajohnnancyajohn Member Posts: 2
What is the safest way to level front to back on a 2015 S T@B? 

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    After you remove the tongue from your tow vehicle, use the tongue Jack to raise or lower the front of your T@B, which will level your T@B from front to back. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Make sure to level side to side before unhooking from tow vehicle, with your choice of leveling devices. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    Be sure to have the trailer wheels chocked to prevent forward or backward movement before unhooking from tow vehicle.
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    pak said:
    Be sure to have the trailer wheels chocked to prevent forward or backward movement before unhooking from tow vehicle.
    Ditto that one. Level side to side and chock those wheels. Then make sure your hitch is not pressing forward on the ball so the hitch will release. Prevents a lot of standing on the receiver and grunting to get the hitch latch to release, and the sudden movement that is unnerving. 

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    mona said:
    Make sure to level side to side before unhooking from tow vehicle, with your choice of leveling devices. 
    Except if you're using a BAL leveler, which you can use to level side-to-side after unhitching. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    nancyajohnnancyajohn Member Posts: 2
    I may have worded my question wrong. We actually need to raise the back end up.  The tongue jack can’t go any lower.  Yes - we’ve leveled side to side and wheels are chocked. We never leave our tow vehicle hooked while camping.  Is it safe to use something sturdy like blocks for the stabilizers in the back?  I’ve read that the lego-like levelers should not be used for the back stabilizers
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    edited May 2021
    I may have worded my question wrong. We actually need to raise the back end up.  The tongue jack can’t go any lower.  Yes - we’ve leveled side to side and wheels are chocked. We never leave our tow vehicle hooked while camping.  Is it safe to use something sturdy like blocks for the stabilizers in the back?  I’ve read that the lego-like levelers should not be used for the back stabilizers
    That's a heck of a slope. Do you have the wheel on the front? You could take it off. You can't use the rear stabilizers as jacks to raise the back of the trailer. They're not designed to hold the entire weight of the trailer - they're just to keep the trailer from bouncing around when you are .... bouncing around inside the trailer. You could try running the trailer wheels up onto to some legos.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You need to add more blocking under the wheels, like the legos type leveling pads or some 2x6 wood to raise the TaB up higher to lower the front.  Make sure you chock the wheels too.   Then you can lower the front some more to get the trailer level.  That said, I would go look for a more level parking spot mate!
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    @nancyajohn, I suspected there might be something more to your question than was initially obvious.  :-)

In addition to what Marceline and Denny16 suggest, on a couple occasions I've dug small holes and pushed the jack into them to get the front a little lower. Just make sure you can still crank the hitch high enough to get it back on your vehicle!

Given that you are clearly taking these steps on a significant incline, as added insurance I also suggest leaving your safety chains attached to your (firmly braked) vehicle until you have everything positioned and secured.
    2015 T@B S