Options

GFCI replacement

My GFCI won't reset but the red light is on. Anything I need to look for in a replacement?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    GFCIs are fickle but pretty standard, so any commercially available replacement should work. 

Just be aware that that outlet not only protects itself, but also the other cabin outlets which are wired "downstream" from it. If you replace it, make sure you maintain the same wiring configuration to ensure that all of the accessible outlets remain protected.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    The terminals marked "LINE" is where the input power is coming into the GFCI and the terminals marked "LOAD" are the GFCI protected downstream outlets.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Spend the extra $ and get the best GFI outlet you can find, like anything else, you get what you pay for.  Inexpensive GFIs fail quicker, than the premium ones.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Pipit57Pipit57 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your comments. I did replace the GFCI but continued to have the same issue. Just coped without the ac outlets on my trip. Now they are working! I believe water entered the exterior outlets due to the original cover not actually sealing. I have replaced the exterior outlet cover. We'll see if that prevents the problem in the future.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Sounds like you actually had a GF and the CI did it's job!  ;-)

Thanks for the followup.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I always travel with a Ground Fault type electrical tester, you plug into an outlet, and can test the CFI, check for ground fault and reversed hot/neutral connections, before I hook up.  Saves a lot of issues like this.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.