Picking up 2021 400 BD in two days...

Finally getting our 400 after a loonngggg anticipated wait. We'll be driving 3 hours to the dealership and want things to go as smoothly as possible. 

What 400-specific things should we keep our eyes on during the orientation and walk around? I've seen some general RV lists here and elsewhere but wondering if there are things specific to the 400 that need attention?
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Can't speak to 2021 version specifications but will say I'd recommend video-taping the walk around and ask questions.

In cases like this the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2021
    Congratulations! Get the dealer to show you how to adjust the Alde hot water mixing valve, and where the yellow pressure relief valves are under the rear bunk.  Also get a good review of the Nautilus panel, and how to do the various hook ups.  Test this, actuall hook up water to City water connection and the Black Tank Flush connection and check for leaks, whilst the bunk bottom panel is open and yiu can see the backside of the Nautilus.  Any leaks need to be addressed before leaving with the trailer. 

Next, try to get a nearby camping spot and go camping for ine night before leaving the dealer area, to make sure you do not get any additional questions.  This will save a future 6-hour round trip to get a small leak or other issue resolved.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    Congratulations Manyman 297 we too drove 1700 miles one way to fetch our 400 bdl and back in 5 days. Spot on Denny16 we blew out of the dealer in 2hrs. And hit the road home in the garage 3 hard days later I dove in an did my inspection no time for dealers I found several items that needed attention HERE THEY ARE /.FIXED NOW. Air bleeder not 100 vertical ,Plug for the ALDE not plugged in,Black tank flush connection loose at P3 ALDE Flow was not mounted to the floor platform and 3 loose water line connection
    s hand tighten only check often.  Also a couple little mods to make things more convenientI have learned a lot for the folks here. Happy camping.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Make sure you have a lug wrench that fits the lugs on the trailer.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Congratulations Manyman 297 we too drove 1700 miles one way to fetch our 400 bdl and back in 5 days. Spot on Denny16 we blew out of the dealer in 2hrs. And hit the road home in the garage 3 hard days later I dove in an did my inspection no time for dealers I found several items that needed attention HERE THEY ARE /.FIXED NOW. Air bleeder not 100 vertical ,Plug for the ALDE not plugged in,Black tank flush connection loose at P3 ALDE Flow was not mounted to the floor platform and 3 loose water line connection
    s hand tighten only check often.  Also a couple little mods to make things more convenientI have learned a lot for the folks here. Happy camping.
    Good lord! Not giving me the most confidence in Nucamp's (or your dealer's) competence. I'm pretty handy and fully expect to inspect the camper when we get it home. They didn't plug in or mount the Alde? I keep hearing about that black tank flush leaking behind the P3. Really it sounds like the main issues are plumbing problems. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @manyman297  The Alde plug has been known to wiggle out of the outlet.  Take the time to secure it.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    A good dealer inspects and preps the trailer before delivery.  But given some of the past reported issues, double checking the min issues seems like a good idea before you leave the dealer’s lot.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Congratulations!  Download the Victron connect App on your phone.  Then pair phone to your solar controller to determine it is properly connected to the solar panel.  If its sunny you should see power going to your battery on the app.  Enjoy!
    2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
    Portland, OR
    Congratulations!  Download the Victron connect App on your phone.  Then pair phone to your solar controller to determine it is properly connected to the solar panel.  If its sunny you should see power going to your battery on the app.  Enjoy!
    Just downloaded it yesterday. Weather might be cloudy but I hope to see some kind of charge.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    Congrats @manyman297 ! Just for my calibration, how long is "loonngggg"? We ordered our 21 400 BD in February and have been told late June / early July... When did you order yours?

Thank you everyone else who posted here, as I will note this advice and use it myself when we pick up ours.

Cheers!
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
    CJax said:
    Congrats @manyman297 ! Just for my calibration, how long is "loonngggg"? We ordered our 21 400 BD in February and have been told late June / early July... When did you order yours?

Thank you everyone else who posted here, as I will note this advice and use it myself when we pick up ours.

Cheers!
    Thanks! We ordered on 12/6 and were originally given a vague window of “late February-early March”. Then it was “late March-early April”. Ultimately it was off the line and mostly assembled by April 7th but then the dreaded missing parts were the next hurdle. I believe it finally arrived at the dealer late last week. So a little less than 6 months total. 

I hope yours stays on schedule. 6 months out from February still wouldn’t be horrible and would give you some good months to use it. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Check that the closet and bathroom doors close flush. Also, check the cabinets above the sink for the same thing. Turn on/off all of the interior lights to ensure they're working. Turn on the fridge. Check for cooling. Make sure that the front door opens and closes easily. Check the external colored trim to ensure no cracking. Check air pressure in tires to be 50 PSI. Sorry that I saw this late. Good luck.
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD