Options

Alde - tired of looking for answers.

MegaMega Member Posts: 69
I have decided that the 2017 CSS has a brass fluid drain as opposed to red others describe. That being said, many reports getting half gallon or more to drain. That is not my experience.  Starting fifth season camping so figured it was time. Any comments? I have looked  through the pages and pages on here but still could not locate anything that helped me understand. I did see some of ScottG’s into.

Comments

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Have you tried calling either NuCamp Tech support or the Truma/Alde team directly? They are both great resources. I suspect your CSS may have some differences being an older unit. 
    All the best...
    x
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @Mega - yes, our Alde drain plug is brass.  What did you do to get it to drain?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I am still working on it. I looked at all titles and came across one from Dahlman (spelling‽). He used a shop vac through expansion tank so I will try that. 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Mega
    Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Our drain plug is brass too.

I just finished our drain and flush. Sucked it with the shop vac. Seemed to only be able to suck out @ 1⅞ gal or so, still slightly green after two flushes, indicating incomplete 'suck-out', but 'good enough' for me!

Note, you might have fewer convectors than we do. We have one across the back and one under each side bench. So you might find you have less glycol to suck.

Excuse the terminology. The whole job was kind of sucky...  B)

(No @ScottG, I never did pull apart the connections to check the damage. Gotta go camping!!! I guess we'll see!)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Two connectors. I got a gallon. Will need to do at minimum yearly it seems. Now I  believe there is an airlock.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    @Mega, can you clarify exactly what you did? How much drained when you pulled the brass plug? Did you drain a gallon at that time, or is that what you got after drawing the fluid out with the shop vac?

The CS-S is configured a little differently that the S, but I still believe you should have about two gallons in the system.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Including what I got through plug and using shop vac I got a very full gallon jug.

That being said after replenishing with fresh Century, I am monitoring whether it is circulating.

I am going to start a new thread because there are a couple strange alde issues.