Options

Renogy Prime Day Sale

I have been stalking Solar suitcase panels for a few weeks, looking to add a suitcase to our 200watt solar rooftop. I scooped up a 100watt suitcase and new communication hub to network my panels to the Renogy app and they have a 10%off promo code on top of the sale. Hoping this will be a really nice set up for us. Mods to come next week hopefully! We will be adding a SAE solar and controller and hub in the battery area of our 400. I'll post some pics if anyone wants to see the set up. 
2018 T@B 400
2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Comments

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    I purchased the Renogy 100w Solar Suitcase a few months back and have been very happy with it. Though it's only seen limited use, it is more than enough to allow us to get by for few days, even with the paltry stock 80Ahr battery. Don't know what the Prime day specials are, but with a discount code, the setup was just over two Benjamins, including shipping, when I pulled the trigger. Since then, I've spent nearly that much on extra cabling, connectors, tools and miscellaneous hardware to hook everything up though.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    edited June 2021
    On our just completed 4000 mile journey, we spoke with a couple Go-Power owners that convinced us portable solar was a good option.  We went for the 200w Solar Suitcase since our CSS doesn't have roof-mounted solar.  Would have ordered directly from Renogy but we had accumulated a significant Amazon gift card amount from various promotions, and rewards.  Also our 2019 doesn't have the pre-wired Zamp so we bought an alternative connector.

2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    I just bought a Renology 100 W Suitcase new off of Ebay, they have several and I offered $135.00 plus shipping and the seller accepted.  Total $160.00.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    They just delivered my Renology 200 Watt Suitcase today. Will be nice to not have to face the T@B for maximum sun. Eventually would like to add another Sunflare panel on the rear roof.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2022
    SLJ said:
    They just delivered my Renology 200 Watt Suitcase today. Will be nice to not have to face the T@B for maximum sun. Eventually would like to add another Sunflare panel on the rear roof.
    SLJ, what size inverter are you going to use when coupling the Renology 200w solar panels to your T@B or will you simply connect it to your Zamp plug-in?  I'm trying to figure out what wattage of inverter to buy if I want to upgrade to even more solar panels for home use as well at the 320.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2022
    @Passport, Are you referring to a solar charge controller?  An inverter connects to the battery to provide AC current in the trailer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited April 2022
    Passport said:
    SLJ, what size inverter are you going to use when coupling the Renology 200w solar panels to your T@B or will you simply connect it to your Zamp plug-in?  I'm trying to figure out what wattage of inverter to buy if I want to upgrade to even more solar panels for home use as well at the 320.
    No inverter. It has a 20A controller and will be plugged into the Zamp connector. Everything I use runs off the Battery. Only Air and microwave use AC. Don't use those unless connected to shore power and even then seldom used.
    Right now the controller is on the back of the panel but I'm going to mount it inside the front box so there's less drop between it and the battery.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    One thing to keep in mind is that some places are still selling the older version. The newer Eclipse is smaller and lighter yet still the same wattage. I had to return one from Amazon that was advertised as the Eclipse but was the older model.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Also, think about getting one without a controller and adding a Victron. It can be networked with your existing Victron controller for better efficiency.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler