Options

CS Refrigerator Type

Are there CS models (past or present) with top loading refrigerator? 
2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut

Comments

• Options
    gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2021
    I believe that some people have swapped the fridge for an ARB (not a factory swap, a DIY swap).
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    There was a CS that had a Norcold chest frig placed.  It was the same one used in the TaG models at the time.  We had an ARB placed with our build in 2017.  It is not a simple swap and so far the factory has not been able to change from the Norcold brand frig because the area depth is too shallow.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    webers3 said:
    Are there CS models (past or present) with top loading refrigerator? 
    I think that there was a dealer in the PNW that ordered a bunch a few years ago with a flush counter and a pull-out 12v cooler like the T@Gs. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Thank you all, I thought a pull out fridge on CS was a factory option and pull out shelf could be retro fitted in my 320s. 
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @webers3 - not a factory option.  Also, I am not sure if nuCamp Non-Warranty Repair Dept. would undertake that large mod.  Because the width of the top loaders are wider than the current frig it would involve custom sized cabinets or eliminating your current cabinet/drawer unit, then a custom, flush counter and slide out shelf.  Because our ARB is taller, they ended up raising the height of the counter and as a result, the counter is more shallow.  Hope this makes sense.  I would send an email to Austin and ask if they would do the work (Repairs@nucamprv.com).  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    edited July 2021
    The earliest CS models built by Dutchman had a flat kitchen counter and a slide out shelf for a cooler on the right side.  The stepped counter and 12v refrigerator were an upgrade option introduced ~2007.
    See page 5 of the attached brochure.
    For a chuckle, check out the "Caution:" at the bottom of the last page (8).