Options

Help - stovetop flooded with water, busted

Hi - I won't go into how this happened (d'oh!), but a significant quantity of water transferred from my sink to my stovetop ... and since then not only will the burners not light, gas won't even come out of them.   It's been three days now, was hoping it would magically dry up and repair itself, but not yet.  One burner sputters pathetically when gas turned on;  the other does not even do that courtesy.   Just dead.  No propane emerges.

The propane is definitely working as fridge, hot water, etc all good.

Any ideas on what I could do about this?   

Thanks!
Kurt
2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Ottawa, Canada

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Maybe water was able to get down through the burner valve and into the line and needs to be drained?  Maybe open the burner valve to the 'high' setting and let it sit a couple of days to evaporate out?  That's an odd situation...
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    kvr99kvr99 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks ... yes unusual, though I'd think others must have had overflowing pots of pasta noodles, or stovetop spill, or other such things, where a bunch of water covered the burners.   

:)
    Kurt
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    Ottawa, Canada
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    We have a 2020 400 BDL and the only way to light the burners is to push in on the knob(s) to allow gas to flow until the thermocouple detects the flame which only takes a few seconds.

Okay, so I am sorry to ask this but I have to; are you pressing in on the knob(s) to allow the gas to flow?

Brad

P.S. It is very unlikely that water in the gas line would prevent propane from flowing. 
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Very unlikely water would get into the gas line, as it would require the stove valve to be turned on.  Most likely water is in the stove burner defuser cap (the bit with all the holes the flame comes out), Rey blowing them out with some compressed air or just wait until the water evaporates out.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.