Options

DIY changing Alde glycol

I have a 2018 Outback T@B 320s. I am seeking assistance with 2 issues related to my 3010 Alde heat system.

I have read what I hope to be ALL the related postings here, but still have a couple of questions.

1) Where is the "brass drain plug" so that I can drain and add new glycol? Above floor near/adjacent to the Alde unit? or under floor accessed from the outside/ground?
2) Is there a current 'fix' from Alde for the Alde 3010 high elevation noise? Does the noise get exponentially worse as one gains elevation, and not so pronounced at lower elevations... like 5500 to 6000 ft??

Thanks for any assistance !!
Happy 'glamping' Y'ALL !!!   
KatieMae - 2010 Toyota Tundra, 2018 T@B 320S Outback

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    The glycol drain tube with the brass plug is under the TaB rear driver side.

We had the high altitude Alde 3010 fix installed by the nuCamp repair dept.  It is a regulator that reduces propane flow to prevent the Alde from running rich.  I can’t speak to the noise as we had it installed prior to high elevation camping.  Contact a dealer for the fix.  It is not a difficult modification.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    On my 2017, all the way up to 8000 ft, the Alde doesn't make any different noise than it does at sea level.  Not everyone had the "Alde Freight Train."
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    edited August 2021
    I have a 2017 Tab 320S.  My drain tube for the Alde does not have a brass drain plug--it appears to be something plastic--it is under the tab rear drivers side and has a small hose clamp on it.  I do not experience any significant change in noise from the Alde when at high altitude.  I'm in Colorado and we often camp at 8,500 +.  It rumbles a bit when it's heating up but nothing significant.  I bought mine used so I don't know if any fix was done previously.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    The DIY document I posted here has photos of both styles of drain plug on page 4.
    2015 T@B S